Help me spec me a Fabia Estate

VielziDub

We have had 'Fargo, our '51 1.9TDi Fabia Estate ,for over a year now (and over 25kmiles!), and love him (other than the power steering light intermittently coming on and head light flicker! :doh: ) . New jobs T+Cs include a Car Ownership Scheme (tax friendy company car) so 'Margo' the '98 1.9D Polo has gone (and I am temporarily driving a '56 Modeo :thumbdown: ).

I had originally thought i would go for a 1.6TDi Polo - since IMO they look great, but to my surprise the Fabia Estates are simular monthly cost and more BHP+torques/tonne + more MPG (plus more room, plus cheaper etc) than the Polio. So I am looking at the 105 1.6TDi Fabia Estates.

I am happy to go with the Pacific Blue, except perhaps on the Scout, which in my eyes would need to be black or anthrathice (perhaps white? :dull:) I would like the sunset back windows, and the roofbars (not bothered about black / silver.) I would like the full ESP since live in the highland and drive on snow a lot int he winter. (I get confused - is this std on the Elegance?) I am not sure about the Scouts looks (plasic overload). I understand it this is std height, and not raised at all? I have found websites which say is is raised, but was this the concept car?

I prefer the look of a the rounded fog lights to what I presume are the fancy turning fogs (not fussed about these - look a bit too much shiney glass in the front for my tastes). I have read the sport suspension is a good move and if i go for an Elegance or spec'd SE then I would probably include as an extra, along with 16" wheels (Elba if an Elegance).

I think I prefer the 3 spoke leather steering wheel to the 4-spoke - but not fussed about radio control etc., not sure I would pay extra for this though. Does the Elegance have std leather upholstry as std. Not Shown on Lexautolease site, but was on the Skoda site!?? (Partial leather Onyx) Anyway, I have been specking various conutations of the Estate with the 105 1.6TDi, adn keep going round in circles! :| Elegance, Scout and specced SE's.

Can any one offer any advice on the above? Which of my options are worth it for the three year lease hire agreement? It is possible/ likely we may buy the car after this period to replace 'Fargo'(mkI ) . I am particularly interested int he scout specs since comes as snd with the darker rear windows and ESP selection - but really not sure on the looks and benefits over the Elegance (which includes curtain airbags+ ESP+ (Is ESP std on Elegance?). Is the Scout std height? Please help! I am new to new cars and all the options offered. Many thanks! :)

Edited by VielziDub

Hi,

just purchased a Pacific Blue Elegance hatch which is a really great spec but sadly ESP is optional on this model :( Anyway spec'd ESP Plus which includes the Tyre Pressure Monitor (TPM) and Hill Hold Control (HHC) also went for the Elba alloys, spare, corner fogs and radio controls on the steering which is as standard 4 spoke leather along with the handbrake and gear lever, although part leather upholstery is another option but we prefer fabric anyway.

Personally avoided the sports suspension as living in a rural location the dropped set-up is a disadvantage as we need good ground clearance for the winter.

If you do a lot of night driving the curve projector light should be worth having, toyed with getting them myself but our budget was already pushed and if your in colder climes you might consider heated seats.

Oh yes both the Elegance and Scout are the same ride hight.

TP

VielZeDub

I have a Fabia SE 1.6TDi CR Estate 105 on order which is "Dispatched to Boat" at present and I am expecting delivery of in the week after next.

I have gone for practical options on mine, ordering on top of the standard car, standard front fog lights, under seat storage boxes and protective door mouldings with were added to the basic cost then had the VAT removed.

My present Octavia hasnt got front fogs and I have missed having those but didnt consider the cornering ones necessary. Some mornings in the winter I have missed not having front fogs. When the car arrives I am going to add a boot liner and mudflaps.

I wish now, having read on Briskoda, that I had added the sports suspension kit!

Regards

Grahame

Cornering Fog lights dont actually move at all.

As you turn the wheel at very slow speeds only, one turns on, one turns off

+

Get the sports suspension kit...the standard car looks like its on stilts!!

Yes the fogs don't rotate they just light up, right for a right turn and obviously left for the opposite way. In reverse though they both light up. Activated when your headlights are on and triggered by the movement of the wheel, indication selection and selection of reverse gear. Work up to 24-25 mph, this is in line with the requirements of the European directive that covers this function.

Opted for them on our Yeti as I was curious to see how they worked, found them useful for driving on narrow country lanes where you often have to slow right down to negotiate a bend, therefore went for them again on the Fabia.

TP

Thanks all for input.

What are the curve projector headlamps?

Also what material options are there on the Elegance - the Skoda build your self a Fabia site sugests that 'Partial leather Onyx' as a free option but no mention this on LexAutolease site.

Seems I have come down to two quite different car specs in my mind, one based on an Elegance (Sport suspension, Sun set rear glass etc), the other on a Scout which would probably have to be a more expensive colour (Black or Anthracite) - not finding many pics of the Scout though :wonder:. A Scout would look the part for driving up and down tracks which I seem to spend a lot of time doing., guess I am not quite sure on the looks of the thing.

Hi again,

curve projector lights (headlights) turn with the movement of the steering wheel thus following the curve of the bend in the road so you get better illumination of the road itself. Normal headlights obviously just point in the direction of the nose not necessarily the direction your driving.

Not sure on this free leather upgrade you mention, when we ordered our Elegance it came standard with the small leather pack (steering wheel, handbrake and gear selector) all we paid extra for were the radio controls (£30), however part leather upholstery was a £476 (vat free) cost option.

As to which spec well that's obviously a personal thing but both my wife and I were unsure of the look of the Scout and in the UK anyway there's just the Combi in this spec which again the wife was not as keen on.

Therefore we went for the Elegance hatch mainly for the interest free loan; made financial sense over a conventional loan on an SE and we spent our money on ESP rather than fancy paint but more than pleased with the Pacific colour anyway.

TP

edit typo

Edited by The Plumber

We have had 'Fargo, our '51 1.9TDi Fabia Estate ,for over a year now (and over 25kmiles!), and love him (other than the power steering light intermittently coming on and head light flicker! :doh: ) . New jobs T+Cs include a Car Ownership Scheme (tax friendy company car) so 'Margo' the '98 1.9D Polo has gone (and I am temporarily driving a '56 Modeo :thumbdown: ).

I had originally thought i would go for a 1.6TDi Polo - since IMO they look great, but to my surprise the Fabia Estates are simular monthly cost and more BHP+torques/tonne + more MPG (plus more room, plus cheaper etc) than the Polio. So I am looking at the 105 1.6TDi Fabia Estates.

I am happy to go with the Pacific Blue, except perhaps on the Scout, which in my eyes would need to be black or anthrathice (perhaps white? :dull:) I would like the sunset back windows, and the roofbars (not bothered about black / silver.) I would like the full ESP since live in the highland and drive on snow a lot int he winter. (I get confused - is this std on the Elegance?) I am not sure about the Scouts looks (plasic overload). I understand it this is std height, and not raised at all? I have found websites which say is is raised, but was this the concept car?

I prefer the look of a the rounded fog lights to what I presume are the fancy turning fogs (not fussed about these - look a bit too much shiney glass in the front for my tastes). I have read the sport suspension is a good move and if i go for an Elegance or spec'd SE then I would probably include as an extra, along with 16" wheels (Elba if an Elegance).

I think I prefer the 3 spoke leather steering wheel to the 4-spoke - but not fussed about radio control etc., not sure I would pay extra for this though. Does the Elegance have std leather upholstry as std. Not Shown on Lexautolease site, but was on the Skoda site!?? (Partial leather Onyx) Anyway, I have been specking various conutations of the Estate with the 105 1.6TDi, adn keep going round in circles! :| Elegance, Scout and specced SE's.

Can any one offer any advice on the above? Which of my options are worth it for the three year lease hire agreement? It is possible/ likely we may buy the car after this period to replace 'Fargo'(mkI ) . I am particularly interested int he scout specs since comes as snd with the darker rear windows and ESP selection - but really not sure on the looks and benefits over the Elegance (which includes curtain airbags+ ESP+ (Is ESP std on Elegance?). Is the Scout std height? Please help! I am new to new cars and all the options offered. Many thanks! :)

having just got a scout this week iam very pleased with the performance and economy of the 1,6 105, i chose climate control,maxidot , sparewheel,storageboxes and raised boot floor, iam very pleased with that package, it has sunset glass as std, and looks stuning in white, which is a free colour which i thought was better to spend on other options instead

having just got a scout this week iam very pleased with the performance and economy of the 1,6 105, i chose climate control,maxidot , sparewheel,storageboxes and raised boot floor, iam very pleased with that package, it has sunset glass as std, and looks stuning in white, which is a free colour which i thought was better to spend on other options instead

Congrats on new car! Don't suppose you have any pics of the Scout in white - would probably be more tempted by white if our other Fab Est wasn't white! :giggle: