fabia 1.6 cr tdi 105 bhp

seboni121

Hi tested the fabia 1.6cr tdi 75bhp today and was impressed with its performance,although you can feel the lack of power on start and on the hills, when you hit the speed and gear change right its fine,much quieter than my superb 2 1.9tdi s, but has anyone tried the 105 bhp and how good is it, as I may be ordering one tomorrow !

Hi tested the fabia 1.6cr tdi 75bhp today and was impressed with its performance,although you can feel the lack of power on start and on the hills, when you hit the speed and gear change right its fine,much quieter than my superb 2 1.9tdi s, but has anyone tried the 105 bhp and how good is it, as I may be ordering one tomorrow !

Seb...yes, I've tried the CR105bhp and it was stupendous. I've driven two of them now (one belongs to a mate). I can tell you that they both felt very very different, but very good. The brand new demo model that I took out was just brilliant, but the engine was so tight it was unreal. It had just 20 miles on the clock. It didn't behave quite as it will once it has a few hundred or even a few thousand miles on the clock. However, it did go well, there was plenty of power, but like all diesels when new, you could tell there was a massive amount of friction going on in that engine slowing her up quite a bit. Now...my mates motor has a couple of thousand miles on the clock and it was completely different to drive. Much smoother, quieter, and a heck of a lot more power. He said when he picked it up it was the tightest engine he has ever driven, and as the miles went on he could notice a difference in the way it went daily after each trip. Now it is doing around 6-7mpg more and has around 8% more power than when he first picked it up. He's ex-tech so he understands these things. He is very very pleased with it and knows it will continue to improve much further over the next 7-8 thousand miles. One of the things that impressed me was the 105's impressive 240nm of torque. In any gear it just goes and overtaking is very easy. The gearbox was well matched to the engine too. All in all I would part with my hard earned for one of these.

At present I'm very pleased with the one I've got though.

ive just got a scout with the 105 engine, and feels tight but still smooth, it aveages about 45 around town, 57 on motorway,my fiancee has an elegance with athe same engine with 3000plus and that is a lot livier and does over 60 on mway, for the extra ipersonally wouldnt bother with the 75, hope this helps

Hi

I wondered if you'd initially wanted the less powerful engine but having driven it wanted something more powerful? If so the 90 bhp version could be a compromise and is nearer to the 105 in performance than the bhp suggests as it hasn't got much less torque. i think they may be easier to get hold of too as dealers seem to have got quite a lot available as demos (I noticed on the Skoda website used cars that the nearly new 1.6 tdis were nearly all 90s).

Having said that, the 90 is only a couple of hundred quid less than the 105, so the 105 is a tempting prospect!