Battery tray question

C.D-vRS

After seeing some Fabia vRS's on here with battery covers I was under the assumption that mine had gone missing at some point so I bought this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SKODA-FABIA-VRS-BATTERY-BOX-BREAKING-SPARES-/320585953408?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4aa4697080

However it does not fit. Are there 2 different types then?

Here's mine:

DSC01411.jpg

DSC01410.jpg

Other ones I've seen:

72469342.jpg

Thanks.

Edited by cd2010

I would have thought it would be cheaper from a main dealer ,you only want the top. Maybe it is a wrong replacement battery <too large dimensions> so previous owner removed it.It is hardly something to go missing on its own :thumbup:

I would have thought it would be cheaper from a main dealer ,you only want the top. Maybe it is a wrong replacement battery <too large dimensions> so previous owner removed it.It is hardly something to go missing on its own :thumbup:

I got the lid only, for £10

facelift vrs's 54 plate onwards have no battery cover as it was got rid of during the facelift

Incorrect - my facelift 2004vRS had a cover - though I admit my facelift car fifn't have the changed dashtop - the changes weren't all introduced at the same time. I thought the change might have been when the BLT engine was fitted in late 2005? I think the covered versions look much better and potentially the uncovered ones will be vulnerable to moisture. However the cover can't be retrofitted (edit - according to the dealer when I mentioned it when I bought the car).

Another change is in the engine cover - my 2004vRS had a nice coloured Skoda badge - the 2007vRS has a plain black one...

Edited by DRJ

Guest BigJase88

sorry mr holmes

well 2004/2005 is when it changed....

the newer motors don't have the battery cover!

and i have an ASZ 05 plate with NO cover so it isn't a BLT engine 'thing' either

Oh and retro fitted also 8)

no such thing as 'cant'

"Can't" without also changing other components - anything can be done if you really try - but it CAN'T simply be clipped into place since the receiving clips aren't there hence CAN'T be retrofitted TO THE EXISTING BATTERY HOLDER !

Guest BigJase88

well mines is SJ05 GWN

NO cover :)

its just a crossover between PFL and FL

some car's will be built earlier than others and registered later, pot luck really

Edited by BigJase88

All's well that ends well. However I do think mine looks vulnerable so I might have to do something having participated in this thread...

Edited by DRJ