chipped octy vRS - lack of power, help ??

afcb ian

help ?

have had my octy vRS chipped (upsolute 220 bhp) and was running superbly for about a week or so. then all of a sudden it changed. now the car is quite flat below 3k revs and runs out of puff over 5k revs. the throttle feels a little "all or nothing as well". the car runs generally well but is just flat performance wise. have changed the MAF unit (no effect) and have disconnected the battery to see if the ecu was fighting the chip (no effect). skoda dealer (useless) agrees the car is not A1 but claim they cannot trace any fault. Any ideas or suggestions greatfully received.

thanks

:confused:

Bit of a long shot but have you tried a throttle body reset. Mine went a bit odd after a few weeks with Revo, the throttle body reset has made a huge difference :D

haven't tried that but still early stages yet. was suggested by upsolute chip dealer that it may be the DV ???

haven't tried that but still early stages yet. was suggested by upsolute chip dealer that it may be the DV ???

Would try this first as it only takes a minuite, like I say may be long shot but made a huge difference to my car.

(feeling thick now) how is this done ? do you have to go to dealer ?

No dealer needed m8.

Open bonnet.

Open drivers side door (fully open)

Turn ignition on fully (do not start)

Listen uder bonnet for the beep noise and throttle making a noise.

After about 1 min the noise will stop.

Close bonnet.

Get in car and close door.

Start car, wait 20seconds then drive off.

Job done, give it a try, it's free :D

No dealer needed m8.

Open bonnet.

Open drivers side door (fully open)

Turn ignition on fully (do not start)

Listen uder bonnet for the beep noise and throttle making a noise.

After about 1 min the noise will stop.

Close bonnet.

Get in car and close door.

Start car' date=' wait 20seconds then drive off.

Job done, give it a try, it's free :D[/quote']

top man. thanks very much. guess what i am doing lunch time !

Er..... :D , let me know if it makes any difference.

tried it and it went exactly as you described but wouldn't say it made any real difference. got the upsolute chip guy coming back down to see if the problem still exists after resetting the original chip settings.

many thanks for your help though.

tried it and it went exactly as you described but wouldn't say it made any real difference. got the upsolute chip guy coming back down to see if the problem still exists after resetting the original chip settings.

many thanks for your help though.

Sorry to hear that it made no difference, thought it was a long shot but worth a try, hope you get it sorted anyway ;)

Having discussed at length the current glitches with my chipped octy vRS i can honestly say that i am heartened by the response from the upsolute dealer (Simon Coe). The help and advise being given is above and beyond any of the skoda dealers. Incidentally, the car appears to be running well again this morning so may not be chip related anyway :confused:

Will see what happens.

Sorry to hear that it made no difference, thought it was a long shot but worth a try, hope you get it sorted anyway ;)

OK-this may sound a bit odd but FLOOR IT. Our car (unchipped) wasnt goign as fast as it was normally and a skoda bloke said to floor it every now and then!!! lol. Try it!!!

OK-this may sound a bit odd but FLOOR IT. Our car (unchipped) wasnt goign as fast as it was normally and a skoda bloke said to floor it every now and then!!! lol. Try it!!!

Not as daft as it sounds that :)

Mine always feels better after a good blast (aka Briskoda meet) or a track day.

trust me....... i floor it as often as possible !