Brakes for my Octy

TIMVRS

Hiya Guys,

What are the current reccomendations for brakes, I need new pads and discs as the original discs are now goosed. They have developed a lip on both outside edge's so.#

Any recomended ideas greatly recieved .??

PS It has had a "FEW" mods!!!!!!!!!! 249 and counting, but its no good if I cant stop.!!!! :eek:

Cheers

Tim

If you are planning on running more than you have now, I'd probably go for some AP 4 pots or some Brembos. :D

Having said that, I never had any problem wit DS2500s, Group N+ Disks from SEJOC and some decent fluid. Never warped or faded them and yes, they did have a relatively hard life. ;)

They will always develop a lip as they wear. The important thing is the minimum permissible thickness of the disc in the contact area. Expensive discs will wear just as fast as, or faster than the OEM ones.

Looking for some new ones myself - must get my @*** in gear there.

Thanks for the replies guys,

Any one any idea of costs for the said items??

Cheers

Tim.

PS if it is silly money for new pads and disks can i get away with replacing the pads, bearing in mind my disks have approx 1mm lip around the edge ???

Ta

According to http://www.speedways.co.uk/shop/index.html your discs have a thickness as new of 25.0 mm and a minimum thickness of 23.0 mm so if the lip really is 1 mm your discs are worn out. Best to measure the actual thickness with a vernier or micrometer, though, as 1 mm is a difficult amount to gauge subjectively. Does sound like you're close, though.

Got any contact details? Seems they don't have a website...

If we have contact details for people without actual links' date=' where do we store them? :confused:[/quote']

Don't bother Sejocs don't do Group N's any more or any other discs for that matter. :(

i have just fitted pagid fast road pads to my octy vrs,did over a hundred miles on them yesterday nice and gently bedding them in,apart from now having a good pedal feel again,they are already far better than the stock "shims" :o i took off .

i've had them on the last 3 cars i've had and they rae pretty darn good on the road and survived a few trackdays too.

awesome gti did me them for 50 quid posted.not gonna say they are in the same league as the ferrodo's,but for the money they suit my budget/driving style

Don't bother Sejocs don't do Group N's any more or any other discs for that matter. :(

S it seems that Sejocs have finished there range of pads and discs so what they up to now or just closed down!!!

Anyway i found these and they give 10% discount to all on EBC Pads and Discs......and free delivery so might have to start using these

www.brakes4u.co.uk