Consule Bushes

Well it has come to that time in the fabia's like where It needed doing. £200 from Vagtech In Milton Keynes which I throught was a good price.

Now this is where the problems started. Go tthe car back and there is a clonking noise when you hit a bump in the road and the drive chain just dosent seem right! :no: I have taken it back and they are looking in to it.

what could it be and what options do I have if they can't fix etc!?!?? :S

Judging from other posts, you're on coilovers, in which case they're too low and the FARB is hitting the driveshaft. I can only assume the coilies needed to be wound up / down to remove them, and weren't put back at the same height they were when you dropped the car off.

HTH

I wish I had coilovers! I am at standrad ride high still I havent touch the suspention side of things yet.

When I had my console bushes replaced my car had a knocking when pulling away, plus lots of squeeks and creeks. I replace all the other bushes to try and stop it without luck. It turned out the mechanic had bent the metal plate wkere the front wishbone bush fits and even though the big bolt was as tight as possible the front wishbone bush was moving back and forward.

I made up two spacers out of thick washers and fitted them behind the head of the big bolt and then tightened them up. Now no knocking, no squeeks and no creeks, lovely.

Hope this helps.

Brian.

Thank you. this sounds like what it could be! The garage have rang and told me they have fixed the problem, I geuss I will find out at half 5! If this is the case I will be taking it back and they can replace the lot! :yes:

WELL 4 TIMES THE CAR HAS BEEN BACK, THEY HAD TO FILE SOMTHING AWAY! THEY HAVE FIXXED THE KNOCKING NOISE NOW THERE IS A REALLY BAD CREAKING NOISE. CAR GOES BACK ON THE 11TH TO BE FIXXED, WELL IT BETTER BE! IN THE MEAN TIME SKODA ARE HAVING A LOOK AT IT TO TELL ME WHAT THE HELL THEY HAVE DONE AND IF ITS REALLY BAD THEY CAN EXPECT A CALL FROM MY SOLISTERS SHOULD THE CAR NOT BE REPAIRED!!!! :'(

Flippin Ekk!

Would have expected better from a company so confident they even have VAG in there title. Poor Show..

Have you had any explanations yet?

I'm not sure what they would have had to file??? I had the Cupra bushes put in mine and even they're a direct fit.. no messing about..

No just sorry and we will have a look at it! thats what I through but what ever they have attached it stoped the clonking! Ill just have to wait and see what Skoda say tomorrow and that will twell me what I need to do LOL

I noticed awesome quoted some one on here around £200 for fitting the Seat ones only so it seems to be the going rate. If it was £200 plus parts all round inc the dogbone I might get it done :)

Well here is the good news! Skoda Milton Keynes found that the lower arms were lose and apprantly the susspention was also lose. however I didnt think they need to touch the susspention todo this job! SKoda didnt charge me a penny to fix this and also cleaned my car LOL :smirk:

my skoda dealer ship charge £200 for both to be done, or atleast that was the quote I was given.

Nothing worse than when you put your faith in a company to carry out work and they.............well...................sod it up!

Well here is the good news! Skoda Milton Keynes found that the lower arms were lose and apprantly the susspention was also lose. however I didnt think they need to touch the susspention todo this job! SKoda didnt charge me a penny to fix this and also cleaned my car LOL :smirk:

Brian.

It turned out the mechanic had bent the metal plate where the front wishbone bush fits and even though the big bolt was as tight as possible the front wishbone bush was moving back and forward.

I made up two spacers out of thick washers and fitted them behind the head of the big bolt and then tightened them up. Now no knocking, no squeeks and no creeks, lovely.

I think this could be the answer to a lot of the "knocking coming from front" threads that are found on here. Since I tightened mine up there's not been a squeek, creek or rattle since.

Just my two penneth worth.

Brian.

Edited by br1anuk