Leather door cards for vRS SE?

Statto

Hi folks,

as the titles says, I'm looking to fit some leather door cards to my wife's SE, since the nasty mesh-like material that's currently there looks at odds with the rest of the interior and marks too easily. Oh, and I thought it'd add an extra touch of class! I thought I’d try my luck with Seat Surgeons in York, but they said that they wouldn’t be able to fit anything that matched the elephant skin-like texture found on the SE’s leather seats. So my question is, has anyone else replaced the door cards on their SE with leather ones, and if so, where they went to get them? Oh, and another question: how much did it cost?

Ta

Statto

Edited by Statto

So my question is, has anyone else replaced the door cards on their SE with leather ones, and if so, where they went to get them? Oh, and another question: how much did it cost?

No - but when I had my 2004vRS retrimmed I paid an extra £200 for the doors to be done. I had a sample card with about 30/40 leather samples in several different ranges presented to me by the upholsterer in Gloucester who did the job - some of those were textured.

I miss them on my SE - there's a sharp ridge in the cloth at the top of the handle recess that I keep catching my hand on - and the fabric gets dirtier quicker...

Thanks for the replies, guys. I'll give both of your suggestions a shot. Truthfully I was beginning to lose hope after Seat Surgeons said they couldn't do it. Before I posted this topic, I also tried auto-trim in Leicester since I thought I'd read somewhere on this forum that they were responsible for trimming the SE's seats. They didn't know anything about the SE's seats. Your replies have given me hope though. I'm looking to get black perforated leather door cards to match the centre sections of the seats. Okay, so it won't suddenly turn it into a RR Ghost, but it'll certainly help to lift the interior.

the upholsterer in Gloucester who did the job - some of those were textured.

Hi DRJ, can you provide me with the name of the upholsterer in Gloucester? Tried to do a Google search but to no avail.

Ta

Have a look at MJ Interiors, they'll be able to do just about anything you have in mind

Mj interiors are the daddies 200 quid and the job is done to perfection

Cheers guys, just dropped MJ Interiors a wee enquiry. Fingers crossed they'll get back to me soon.

Ta

Hi DRJ, can you provide me with the name of the upholsterer in Gloucester? Tried to do a Google search but to no avail.

I gave the documents including the receipt to the garage when I traded in the car. I've found his name in a letter to the garage - Mr Bevan - and he lived in Coney Hill Road in 2004. Googling suggests it was:

J P Bevan Upholstery 82 CONEY HILL ROAD GLOUCESTER GL4 4LT

He's the person standing on the right of this shot:

doorcards.jpg?t=1286455217

doorcards.jpg?t=1286455217

Wow! They're cool! I was originally thinking of getting black perforated leather but the solid blue as shown in that shot would tie in nicely with the contrast blue piping on the SE's seats. It'd also help to add a splash of colour to what is otherwise an oppressively dark interior. I like a lot!

Ta

Wow! They're cool! I was originally thinking of getting black perforated leather but the solid blue as shown in that shot would tie in nicely with the contrast blue piping on the SE's seats. It'd also help to add a splash of colour to what is otherwise an oppressively dark interior. I like a lot!

So I could have swapped them into my current car then... Unfortunately the blue was a slightly different colour. In fact the solid blue piping that goes around the backrest rather jars with the paintwork, don't you think?

If anyone is thinking of doing them like my old car's please note that the bottom of the rear door has to be done in black leather, whereas the bottom of the front door is the original plastic door pocket which runs right up to the blue panel. And the "black" was in fact "anthracite" which matched the other leather (steering wheel and handbrake) and the black plastic better than true black...