Black inserted headlights fitted!

The one thing that's been bugging me on my car were the headlights. Considering the front end of the Fabia vrs looks quite mean I felt the headlights let it down.

So time for a change! (Any excuse for arsing about with the car)

Old Lights (bonet is open because I just about remembered to take photo before taking them out)

Fabiaheadlightoldoncar.jpg

Old one out. Boring hazy look.

Fabiaoldheadlightoutofcar.jpg

New

Fabianewheadlight1-1.jpg

New one in drivers side. Old one still in passengers side.

Fabiaheadlight1old1new.jpg

Done

fabiaheadlightalldone.jpg

Will add better pic later after a little wash.

Edited by Fabla

Well I like them :thumbup:

I'd like to do the DIY version to mine too

but I must admit I'm a bit worried I'll break something.

Didn't you pay 90 odd quid for the pair?

I always wanted a red vRS but then got seduced by a black one at a car supermarket that chnaged my mind...

Do wish i'd looked for a red one though, I can't do anything with mine :thumbdown: I know lots of people do paint the light inserts black and the chrome grille surround black but on a black car I feel it dulls it down rather than means it up.. On Red however it's awesome!

Ho Hum....

I've been thinking about something a bit ott though.. Skoda green for the grille and fog surrounds, in the spirit of the Rover 200 BRM grille and inspired by Brimma.. Or maybe just silver fog surrounds? Someone said the other day they thought the black made the vRS look a bit normal.. I'd have to agree...

Enjoy your red n black tweaks! :)

Ebay. Bought them new off seperate dealers though for each side. Cost me 72.00 in total delivered for both. I had a bargain I know, but patients paid off waiting. I could have done them myself (black inserts) but the lenses were misty & aged.

There are a few on ebay now.Ebay

Edited by Fabla

What's the point? Apart from any excuse to arse about.

Look at the picture of the old headlight taken out. The old lights were letting the car down and wanted freshening up.

From this :'( to this B)

I always wanted a red vRS but then got seduced by a black one at a car supermarket that chnaged my mind...

Do wish i'd looked for a red one though, I can't do anything with mine :thumbdown: I know lots of people do paint the light inserts black and the chrome grille surround black but on a black car I feel it dulls it down rather than means it up.. On Red however it's awesome!

Ho Hum....

I've been thinking about something a bit ott though.. Skoda green for the grille and fog surrounds, in the spirit of the Rover 200 BRM grille and inspired by Brimma.. Or maybe just silver fog surrounds? Someone said the other day they thought the black made the vRS look a bit normal.. I'd have to agree...

Enjoy your red n black tweaks! :)

Green fog lights surrounds sounds wicked & if you ever decide to take the headlights apart, why not spray that chrome bit green!! Now that would be different. ;)

& if you ever decide to take the headlights apart, why not spray that chrome bit green!! Now that would be different. ;)

Actually ,that's been done, lol..but I forget who.

I can't do anything with mine :thumbdown:

These either are or aren't your bag but these ones do seem

good quality and already sprayed in Black Magic Pearl :thumbup:

(or primer) And currently reduced too.

http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/product/3138/skoda-fabia-eyebrow-spoiler-black-magic-pearl

I reckon they might give the Black Furby an even meaner scowl to set it apart from

other Fabias.

I'm seriously considering a set... hmmmm

Edited by grr666

Actually ,that's been done, lol..but I forget who.

Oh. I would still definitely change the colour of the fog surrounds. That's the first thing I done when I bought the car. There seems to be to many lines at the bottom of the bumper.

Just for you to know, them fog bits you want sprayed, come off on their own with no screws etc. Just hold it firmly in the corner & pull. Easy mod to do I think. :thumbup:

Edited by Fabla

These either are or aren't your bag but these ones do seem

good quality and already sprayed in Black Magic Pearl :thumbup:

(or primer) And currently reduced too.

http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/product/3138/skoda-fabia-eyebrow-spoiler-black-magic-pearl

I reckon they might give the Black Furby an even meaner scowl to set it apart from

other Fabias.

I'm seriously considering a set... hmmmm

Nice. They would fill that silly little gap between the headlights & the bonnet to. :thumbup:

Look at the picture of the old headlight taken out. The old lights were letting the car down and wanted freshening up.

From this :'( to this B)

If you've got the right gear, then it's possible to polish the headlight glass to to get rid of blur/haze... I think an excentric polisher and jewelers rouge or other very mild polish...

If you've got the right gear, then it's possible to polish the headlight glass to to get rid of blur/haze... I think an excentric polisher and jewelers rouge or other very mild polish...

My mate is a smart repairer & he couldn't polish them out. I have tried many ways. Also I'm a glass engraver & have certain tools myself but cannot bring them up like new again.

My mate is a smart repairer & he couldn't polish them out. I have tried many ways. Also I'm a glass engraver & have certain tools myself but cannot bring them up like new again.

Sod that for a game of conkers etc etc...for the money it cost on the new lights i reckon they look a lot better than trying to polish knackered old glass up :thumbup:

seems a slight waste of money even though it looks ok. why not just split the headlights and paint the inserts, then you can paint more/which bits you like and its a lot cheaper.

Elliott

seems a slight waste of money even though it looks ok. why not just split the headlights and paint the inserts, then you can paint more/which bits you like and its a lot cheaper.

Elliott

Have you read the first page?