what tyre sizes do you use on 17" spiders

vrs_1

hi all

what tyres do you all have on the octy spiders

the reason i ask is i have just gone and got me some mint octy vrs spiders and i know i need 40 profile but do i stay 205 or will 215 be ok

also do any of you run wheel spacers and if so what size

my car is not lowered yet but it is on the menu as i'm not keen on the 4x4 look

its always best asking before i make a mistake

any input will be greatfull

thanks in advance

i used to run 215/45/17s on my old ones and i think others do aswell :thumbup:

but that was on my octavia vrs, i'm not sure on the fabia what arch room is like, you may need to go 205/40/17's for the clearance

Edited by sivrs

205/40 17 gives the right outside diameter (and therefore Rolling Radius) compared to the standard 205/45 16 wheels. 205/40 is also what the new Mk2 vRS uses.

I would buy in that size, these: Vredestein Ultrac Cento - 205/40R17 84Y XL TL - Camskill

The cheaper alternative are Rainsport 2's @ £79.40 and Toyo T1-R @ £57.50 inc.VAT from Camskill. See Camskill.co.uk - 205/40 17

I would use the 205/40/17's on Octavia Spiders, but not because of the speedo issues, I think the 215's are a bit squished onto the narrow rim.

On the speedo issue, because all the speedo's under-read a bit, fitting 215/40/17's actually make the speedo read very nearly true.

Edited by wja96