Clutch Slippage

HellFire

I drive my vRS quite briskodaly sometimes to say the least on my private track, how often is the clutch slippage, every time you hard accelerate and what about hard cornering at high revs/exiting out of a corner, I dont want to loose traction to the front wheels and end up in a field. I know people talk about driving around it but surely it's quite awkward when your pushing the limits?

:eek: :peepwall: :rant:

• Administrators

Never had a clutch slippage issue untill it actually began to fail, now it's hit and miss...

53k did a track day in Nov and it was fine all day...a week later had a day of slipage pootling round town. A little now but I'm not pushing it at all so I suspect none. I'll wake up one morning and it will be dead full stop.

Looking at a possible replacement from JBS.

Yours isnt even mapped yet is it? Thats worrying... saying that, 15,000 hard miles for my car and it hasnt done it yet - but from what I understand it mainly seems to be caused from booting it at low revs in high gears... and I've pretty much trained myself well out of doing that - always best to keep above 2000 rpm. I've also pretty much always fed the power after I got used to it.

I've got 15.7k on the clock now and haven't had any problems. Hellfire maybe you should get you clutch checked before friday if your worried.

Just take it alittle bit easier on it, like others have said dont boot it from a standing start every time and build up the power. At the end of the day being gentle on the car will give a more rewarding drive.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi all

We have now got contacts that can get us Sachs uprated clutches for the Fabia vRS

So give us a call on 01246 550400.

We should be able to help.

Is that pretty much the same for all Fabia TDIs?? ;) Although having said that if things happen, it might not be an issue. :)