Jabba "Cone in a box"

What are these like?

http://www.jabbasport.com/store/index.php?app=gbu0&ns=prodshow&ref=JSIKFABIAVRSCONE

Was looking at spending £30 odd on a panel filter, but saw this randomly. Just wondering if there anything decent and worth the extra £20 odd.

I imagine they will produce a bit more noise and make the turbo sound come through more than a panel filter?

Or it might just be a filter stuck on a sheet of plastic...

views?

Thanks.

Craig.

That's correct, this is a cone filter with a laser cut 1mm stainless plate, made to fit in place of a standard panel filter.

We came up with the idea for our customers running large turbo kits but wanting to retain the standard air box. As we all know the standard panel filter isn't huge and I've seen some not very well maintained filters actually get sucked up into the upper part of the air box because they're clogged so much..

Putting a cone in the box offers over double the filtration area of a standard filter, eg. cutting the filter and rolling it flat, it's over twice the area of a panel filter.

We've also designed a rubber flap system that sits in the bottom of the box and opens the bottom of the box up under high flow situations but this isn't available online at the moment.

Yeah faces downward into the bottom of the box..

Kev

Honestly, what do you make of these? Without being biast ha :)

Worth the extra money? Or worth buying a panel filter off you? (Presuming you sell, havent looked sorry)

Guess the extra induction noise could be a ++

Surely as the surface area of a standard filter is greater than the area of the intake there is little point to this cone in a box filter. I suppose the only benefit is that if the surface area is twice the size of a standard filter you need only clean it half as often to maintain the same air flow. For that reason I'm out :)

i guess some people like yourself could make there own, but for others less ''handy''under the bonnet its not bad emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Home made pikey mods ftw :rofl:

That said all the time with my cars I go proffesional's to do it. To make sure its right :yes:

Edited by TorqueXIsXCheap

emoticon-0143-smirk.gif would it make any funky noise??? or is its only sound being dropped emoticon-0105-wink.gif

funky none the less, is it sounded cool then im sure my brother would be straight on the jabbahorn

i would indeed any clues on noise emoticon-0144-nod.gif

I can't see how it will make any more induction noise than a standard panel one, as it's enclosed in your standard air filter box. If you bolted it onto the top of the filter housing and left the bottom off then you would create noise although bolting it straight onto the MAF sensor would be better. Having said all that, a filter with more than twice the area of a panel one must me a good thing. I have seen kits for other cars that do a simular thing, but just bolt onto the MAF (or outlet pipe) inside the Filter housing

I've just seen the price of the PD160 pipe and for nearly £90 :o It seams a rip-off just for a bit of plastic tubing (I know that's what SEAT charges aswell).

Edited by Jim H

• 1 month later...
Guest BigJase88

i think it looks allright but anyone could make one....

you could make it out of plywood if you really wanted to

I enjoyed just playing with the plasma cutter the most :)

I've actually done a better job at it. I stripped the filter down and used a mounting bracket and seal

Does it make any noise increase? What did u use to make it? I wouldn't mind having a go. Dependent on how easy it is to make

Guest BigJase88

you don't necessarily need a plasma cutter....

you could do it with a jigsaw and a holesaw and a peice of flat metal.... can't see it being that hard