tuning tips

skoda_dragon

Hi, just joined the forum and would like to know if you guys can help me out with getting more power out of my felicia engine, its a 1.3LXi. I don't want to spend too much money on it but i seriously need power!. any tips would be great

Cheers

Welcome on board...

Usual starting point with NA engines is induction and exhaust, but you may find that with associated insurance costs, it's better to put up with it while you save for something a little more brisk to start with.

Am not sure if thats a shared VW engine, if so find what else it has been used in (polo?) and search for tuning options for those cars, as they have been more widely tuned than the felicia.

Hope thats helps....

You never going to get alot of power for little money out of the 1.3 engine (OHV).

I see you have two choices depending on how much you like the car and what insurance issues are. The cheapest option to get the biggest gain I can see is sell the car and buy a 1.6 Felicia, go really well IMHO and there are more tuning options for it. Failing that grab a 1.6 engine from a Felicia or a Polo/Ibiza and use that.

If you want it just a bit quicker and to sound a bit better a perfomance exhaust and filter would be the best bet and a good service.

Ive got a plan envolving a Felicia Pick up and an ABF engine at the moment, really want to do it, just a matter of finidng time..lol.