Front Wipers

Hi everyone, as above......

Just came from visiting a few friends, returned to my 2006 Fabia vRS to discover the front wipers won't work at all. The rear wiper is working as normal.

I have also noticed when I try for screenwash the back wiper comes on too, but no water comes out(the water is full but frozen cause of the -6 temp) and I don't even hear the noise from the jets when I try for screenwash(the noise ya would hear better when the water is empty).

Any ideas/help would be great.....

Thanks in advance

Kev :thumbup:

Edited by kevvrs_130

D'OH I should really read the pinned thread at the top......me bad!!

I have the same issue this morning. Front Wipers stopped working while driving to work.

Back wiper Works OK

When I use jet wash for front the back wipers come on

Anyone have a solution?

I have the same issue this morning. Front Wipers stopped working while driving to work.

Back wiper Works OK

When I use jet wash for front the back wipers come on

Anyone have a solution?

I had exactly the same symptoms on mine last weekend, and it was fuse number 15. If that's what it is in yours, it's a nice easy cheap fix :)

Swap it with Fuse 13, as the fuse is the same rating and reversing lights aren't a legal requirement (just take care when going backwards until you've fixed it properly!)

You may struggle to find any in Halfords this time of year, BTW... :thumbdown:

Swap it with Fuse 13, as the fuse is the same rating and reversing lights aren't a legal requirement (just take care when going backwards until you've fixed it properly!)

You may struggle to find any in Halfords this time of year, BTW... :thumbdown:

All fixed for 50p. Fuse it was, position 15. Thanks all for the help.

I have another possible problem, I've finally got the wipers working but there is not even a noise coming from the water pump(like a 'humming' noise you would hear when empty) I have checked all the fuses that I can. Am I needing a new motor to pump the water? I'm running on what most people have in the washer bottle(blue concentrate from Halfords!)