Any delivery delays due to weather

Hi, been told by my dealer that my 170cr elegance 4x4 estate has been sat at Emden awaiting shipping to Grimsby, this was on the 30th nov. Has anyone heard of delays caused by the weather? I know Germany are set up for winter weather, but the UK only needs to sniff a snowflake and delays are inevitable. Have got everything crossed for delivery before xmas.

Edited by darren tt

I'd check with your dealer again as 2 vehicle carriers arrived at Grimsby from Emden over the weekend.

Unfortunately, mine wasn't on either of them, everyhting crossed for my delivery date 2 weeks today!!!

Here's hoping mine was on one of those two vessels!!! Our Dealer in Manchester said ours was due in at weekend.... Hope it'll be ready for collection by the end of the week!

Does anyone know if the "Luggage restraining net" exists for the Superb estate yet? Its in the brochure page 95/96 but not on any extras lists.

I Ordered the what appears to be the dog guard & have the dealer on the hunt but I'm not holding my breath. Will it become available??? If so I'll wait if not then I'll probably just put up with the metal/wire dog guard.

Elegance 170CR.... Amethyst, Ivory, heated windscreen, washers, spare wheel, mats. I wanna go in it! Vectra has now been sold.... missus is on the train :rofl:

Cars can sit in Emden for up to two weeks and another week at Grimsby, plus ther travel time from Grimsby to the dealer.

Mine got stuck for the full 2 weeks at Emden and 1 week at Grimsby and then took about 3 days to get to the Midlands. I think it took longer to get across the Chanel to the dealer than it did the factory to Emden.

Hope your wait is a brief one.

Here's hoping mine was on one of those two vessels!!! Our Dealer in Manchester said ours was due in at weekend.... Hope it'll be ready for collection by the end of the week!

Does anyone know if the "Luggage restraining net" exists for the Superb estate yet? Its in the brochure page 95/96 but not on any extras lists.

I Ordered the what appears to be the dog guard & have the dealer on the hunt but I'm not holding my breath. Will it become available??? If so I'll wait if not then I'll probably just put up with the metal/wire dog guard.

Elegance 170CR.... Amethyst, Ivory, heated windscreen, washers, spare wheel, mats. I wanna go in it! Vectra has now been sold.... missus is on the train :rofl:

I suspect mines on the same shipment

but have been told that its stuck in grimsby due to the weather !

the luggage net you describe is a country option acorrding to SUK as i emailed them on the same thing some 3 months ago and not a Uk option

Andy

Should of collected mine last Friday but the car was not delivered due to the snow, it's now booked in to be delivered this Wednesday - BUT it has just started snowing again!

:wall::swear::@

I suspect mines on the same shipment

but have been told that its stuck in grimsby due to the weather !

the luggage net you describe is a country option acorrding to SUK as i emailed them on the same thing some 3 months ago and not a Uk option

Andy

Hi Andy & RS3100,

Thanks for info's & I guess we'll be keeping our fingers crossed with delivery dates...

As for the luggage net, a shame & I guess I'll have to go along with the dog guard. We'll only need it for holidays (camping) when filling the boot & upto roofline but we need somthing for that just-in-case moment. I ordered it so I guess we may as well take it & getting it now I expect they will at least fit FOC.

Another question.... Anyone got any thoughts on the Lifeshine product? We umm'd & ahh'd but eventually went for it. I hope it works as well as its claimed. I hope anyone with it can give some glowing reports.... please!

Hoping for one week to go.... :D

Should of collected mine last Friday but the car was not delivered due to the snow, it's now booked in to be delivered this Wednesday - BUT it has just started snowing again!

:wall::swear::@

Ohhh... don't depress me please... :S Lets be positive... its coming just hope delivery trucks got winter tyres keeping it on the straight & narrow.

Cheers

Stef

Ohhh... don't depress me please... :S Lets be positive... its coming just hope delivery trucks got winter tyres keeping it on the straight & narrow.

Cheers

Stef

Sorry but it does take the shine off it a bit when the car takes 8 weeks (and counting) LONGER to arrive than the original maximum date (12 - 14 weeks, currently on 24!).

I am no longer exited about getting my first new car, which is a real shame. emoticon-0106-crying.gif

Sorry but it does take the shine off it a bit when the car takes 8 weeks (and counting) LONGER to arrive than the original maximum date (12 - 14 weeks, currently on 24!).

I am no longer exited about getting my first new car, which is a real shame. emoticon-0106-crying.gif

24 weeks! - OMG! - Less than 9 weeks for mine when ordered back in February! :o

Maybe it was the 4x4 that made it a speedy delivery, i just dont know (Reported to be made in Germany)

Best of luck, you'll love it once it (eventually!) gets here!

Al.

oh Pooh, sorry :( to hear yours is taking sooo long! And you have no control over it... I can understand frustration. Lets hope the car redeems itself!

I am now on the verge of cancelling mine, as YET AGAIN they seem unable to deliver a car, the car has been in the UK for about a month FFS!

All I seem to be getting is excuses, it seems as if I am the one doing ALL the chasing, first it's "we can't get a delivery driver or truck to get it on" then when I offer to collect (from wherever) that seems impossible too.

Another question.... Anyone got any thoughts on the Lifeshine product? We umm'd & ahh'd but eventually went for it. I hope it works as well as its claimed. I hope anyone with it can give some glowing reports.... please!

I had this put on my Toyota when I got it over 5 years ago and after putting an extra 80,000 miles on it, it still comes up as good as new, the car is now nearly 11 years old with 140,000 miles on it, it is just the stone chips on the bonnet and front bumper that give the miles away externally. I think it really made the difference when compared to my wifes 12 year old Laguna we recently p/x for the Superb that didn't have the same product on.

For me it definitly made a difference so I paid for it to be put on the new car.

I had this put on my Toyota when I got it over 5 years ago and after putting an extra 80,000 miles on it, it still comes up as good as new, the car is now nearly 11 years old with 140,000 miles on it, it is just the stone chips on the bonnet and front bumper that give the miles away externally. I think it really made the difference when compared to my wifes 12 year old Laguna we recently p/x for the Superb that didn't have the same product on.

For me it definitly made a difference so I paid for it to be put on the new car.

Thanks - Thats the sort of news I was hoping for! :D

But I was told its best to only use water & if I did feel the need to use shampoo, use as little as possible.

No more going to the car wash then! But it should be a lot easier to clean down than "normal".

Thanks

Stef

Hi, been told by my dealer that my 170cr elegance 4x4 estate has been sat at Emden awaiting shipping to Grimsby, this was on the 30th nov. Has anyone heard of delays caused by the weather? I know Germany are set up for winter weather, but the UK only needs to sniff a snowflake and delays are inevitable. Have got everything crossed for delivery before xmas.

Once your car is built it has a VIN.

Your dealer can check on-line where your car is at any one time on it's journey to you.

Thanks - Thats the sort of news I was hoping for! :D

But I was told its best to only use water & if I did feel the need to use shampoo, use as little as possible.

No more going to the car wash then! But it should be a lot easier to clean down than "normal".

Thanks

Stef

I'd disagree with that, on all my cars I use a good quality shampoo and every 4 - 6 months polish the car. I usually use Autoglym products but am slowly going over the Meguires products. I use the daily runners to test out the cleaners before using the n my Capri RS3100 which has then gone on to win many awards.

I wouldn't use a car wash as you have know how idea of how well they are maintained and a poorly maintained car wash will undoubtedly lead to scratches from the brushes and these new hand wash places, if they don't use fresh water on each car you end up with swirlys scrathing the paint so using less soap will make no difference.

Using shampoo and polishes help to suplement the protection coating that I have put on to the car.

I dropped the LifeShine from my original order after a bit of research.

The dealers get a good cut for selling it to punters.

I bought a foam lance for my pressure washer, Snow Foam, sealant, wax, alloy cleaner and protector from Clean Your Car for about £90.

Phil.

Hi Phil & RS3100,

Thanks for your comments, car wash will be a no no, bucket, sponge, water & shampoo it is for now. I've got a pressure washer but find its only good if the dirt is light (ie. a week or so old). Once the dirt is "bedded in" I find that only a bit of elbow grease does the trick.... (then again I don't have the proper foam lance & nor I have splashed out (yet) on all the other condiments).... mind you I'm hoping that the pending Superb in Amethyst purple will hide the dirt well :giggle:

I also saw various reviews about the "value of Lifeshine" & yes it appears debateable but there is a warranty (whatever its worth - probably of more use for the interior) which I guess you only get if you pay someone to do it "properly". Anyhow, its going on now it may be a first & last but I'll keep my fingers crossed it makes life a little easier & looks good. You only ever really know after the event / when you need it.

Cheers

Stef

Answer to my question is 'Yes', Grimsby dock has been closed this week meaning Emden has not been sending cars, meaning my car is sat shivering at Emden. Bloody weather. More snow is expected tomorrow, potentially another inch, so could mean more delays. Haho, xmas is looking dubious for getting the car now. At least its down to the weather, we brits seem very good at changing plans due to the weather. One of the reasons I decided to get the 4x4.

Top marks to my dealer for keeping me informed, something I would not expect from a broker.

Answer to my question is 'Yes', Grimsby dock has been closed this week meaning Emden has not been sending cars, meaning my car is sat shivering at Emden. Bloody weather. More snow is expected tomorrow, potentially another inch, so could mean more delays. Haho, xmas is looking dubious for getting the car now. At least its down to the weather, we brits seem very good at changing plans due to the weather. One of the reasons I decided to get the 4x4.

Top marks to my dealer for keeping me informed, something I would not expect from a broker.

this is the answer i have had from my lease supplier

"The car is still at the port in Grimsby waiting to be picked up. I think it was closed last week due to the snow so they are catching up. As soon as it arrives with the dealer I will let you know so we can get it out to you asap.

It will be at a dealership in Manchester.

With regard to the Sat Nav the version the dealer uses is 6.1 where you enter the first three digits of the post code. They are checking to see whether or not they can obtain a copy of version 7."

Not happy with response regarding sat nav version so have email SUK for clarification on this along with compensation for late deliver

Andy

this is the answer i have had from my lease supplier

"The car is still at the port in Grimsby waiting to be picked up. I think it was closed last week due to the snow so they are catching up. As soon as it arrives with the dealer I will let you know so we can get it out to you asap.

It will be at a dealership in Manchester.

With regard to the Sat Nav the version the dealer uses is 6.1 where you enter the first three digits of the post code. They are checking to see whether or not they can obtain a copy of version 7."

Not happy with response regarding sat nav version so have email SUK for clarification on this along with compensation for late deliver

Andy

Hi Andy,

a little info for you & thanks for the your info. re Sat Nav.

I am due to collect my car late on Friday, but I believe it only arrived with them on Monday!! (or was it Tuesday? a long week). My dealer (& I ordered/purchased direct from dealer) is Claybank Motors, Eccles, Manchester. I have no complaints, in fact I feel they (ie. Rob) has been more than helpful & kept us updated all the way.

They've been getting it ready this week & Friday was the first day it was available on. So guess what... I'm going to get it!

If its the same dealer I'll be asking about what version of the Sat Nav is loaded & make sure I get a copy of the DVD! Nothing quite like being a little prepared.

Thanks

Stephan

I think there is sufficient evidence on this forum to ensure any dealer should supply a v7 sat nav disc with Superbs (fitted with Columbus) currently being delivered.

It may be that some dealers aren't reading their updates as to current spec and still using 6.1. Likewise they may not have ordered the disc with the car. Neither are acceptable.

I would appreciate updates as to what you get on your new cars as I expect mine in the next few weeks and as soon as I get advised of a delivery date I'll be asking about this.

Lets be right, these are new cars so why settle for old tech?

Thanks,

Mark.

Edited by 2slo

Been on www.marinetraffic.com and tracked a ship called Main Highway, this ship left Emden last night and is due in Grimsby about 4pm today, fingers crossed the car will be on it. But understand a backlog has to be cleared from last weeks snow. But weather looks good for the next week or so, so cars should be getting transported from Grimsby pretty quick.

I think there is sufficient evidence on this forum to ensure any dealer should supply a v7 sat nav disc with Superbs (fitted with Columbus) currently being delivered.

It may be that some dealers aren't reading their updates as to current spec and still using 6.1. Likewise they may not have ordered the dics with the car. Neither are acceptable.

I would appreciate updates as to what you get on your new cars as I expect mine in the next few weeks and as soon as I get advised of a delivery date I'll be asking about this.

Lets be right, these are new cars so why settle for old tech?

Thanks,

Mark.

My car was delivered to Rainworth Skoda on 09 November (week 45); I collected it on Tuesday and the v7 map software was supplied.

I still cannot workout how to get the software installed to the Columbus hard disc, it is currently working off the DVD, but I am sure I will get it sorted when I have time to look into it further.

Best regards

David

p.s. Map software problem fixed. The DVD just needs to be left in long enough for the data to be copied to the HDD.

Edited by cookdn