Any delivery delays due to weather

Been on www.marinetraffic.com and tracked a ship called Main Highway, this ship left Emden last night and is due in Grimsby about 4pm today, fingers crossed the car will be on it. But understand a backlog has to be cleared from last weeks snow. But weather looks good for the next week or so, so cars should be getting transported from Grimsby pretty quick.

Here's hoping mines on that too!!!

Here's hoping mines on that too!!!

If not dont worry, another ship Schelde Highway is due in today. Main Highway is off back to Emden hopefully picking up another 800 cars. Skoda need to pull out the stops to get the cars delivered by 1st Jan to avoide paying the extra VAT.

If not dont worry, another ship Schelde Highway is due in today. Main Highway is off back to Emden hopefully picking up another 800 cars. Skoda need to pull out the stops to get the cars delivered by 1st Jan to avoide paying the extra VAT.

It needs to be on one of them if I'm getting my delivery on December 20th!!

And they are crossing in the North Sea as I type - http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?level0=100

Edited by martcan

My car is in the country, wooooooooo hoooooooooo, I can almost smell and feel it!!!

My car is on route to the dealer after being released from Grimsby, should arrive tomorrow and hopefully pick it up at the end of the week.

Can't wait, christmas has finally come early!!!

Told by the dealer that mine is definately built and at the port waiting to be loaded onto a ship. That's the good news.

The bad news is the backlog of cars at the UK port of Tyne is now into four figures so delivery before Xmas is 'very unlikely'

So near... :(

Mark.

Told by the dealer that mine is definately built and at the port waiting to be loaded onto a ship. That's the good news.

The bad news is the backlog of cars at the UK port of Tyne is now into four figures so delivery before Xmas is 'very unlikely'

So near... :(

Mark.

I ordered in August and was "guaranteed" delivery for first week of January. Found out yesterday it's "likely" to be in the country in first week of January.

I have ordered mine last week in Serbia, and I still don't have confirmation about build week. How long it usually takes to get build week from factory?

My dealer tells me that there is some kind of commission number they got, but still waiting to get actual confirmation. However they don't stop assuring me that it will be delivered in February. General importer here is very slow, still didn't confirmed me price for 140PS 4x4 with DSG, so I placed order hoping it will be in same range as 170PS DSG. Now I am little bit worried hearing about 6 months waiting period for UK. What do you get in UK after placing order? Any sort of tracking number or it is just at discretion of dealership to give information about progress whenever you call?

I have ordered mine last week in Serbia, and I still don't have confirmation about build week. How long it usually takes to get build week from factory?

My dealer tells me that there is some kind of commission number they got, but still waiting to get actual confirmation. However they don't stop assuring me that it will be delivered in February. General importer here is very slow, still didn't confirmed me price for 140PS 4x4 with DSG, so I placed order hoping it will be in same range as 170PS DSG. Now I am little bit worried hearing about 6 months waiting period for UK. What do you get in UK after placing order? Any sort of tracking number or it is just at discretion of dealership to give information about progress whenever you call?

The system in Serbia may differ from the UK, but here, currently, delivery on Superbs is taking roughly four to six months with some options (e.g. kessy) adding extra time.

It is apparent that left hand drive cars seem to get delivered quicker which is fairly obvious as more of those are built.

Once the factory process your order you should be able to get a build week which will allow you to compare what your dealer has estimated (you said February)

I think that's probably a bit optimistic, but then again, as I said above, the system in Serbia may be different and if you can get a new car in 2 months, good for you!

Mark.