Ocy VRS Exhaust...

Buggs

Can anyone recommend an Exhaust Back Box for my Ocy VRS. Want something with a nice sound to it, to match the cars performance. Have been looking around but dont seem to be able to find much....

Would love a full system but dont want to lose the CAT for the dreaded MOT... :(

Thanks.....

Just read the rest, all bar the H&S system can be had with 100CEL cats which will keep it legal. I found with the H&S system that it does pass an MOT as I got it tested, unfortunately (if you are stopped) it doesn't have any cats :D

TBH I don't think H&S want to sell any more Octy RS exhaust. Both myself and DaveU have had trouble with flexi joints having several replaced by them. There seems to be a problem with them on the Octy. Have a word with Ian at H&S before you decide. All that said i must admit they are with out doubt the best sounding exhausts on the market for the RS and probably give you the best performance gains. :cool:

TBH I don't think H&S want to sell any more Octy RS exhaust. Both myself and DaveU have had trouble with flexi joints having several replaced by them. There seems to be a problem with them on the Octy. Have a word with Ian at H&S before you decide. All that said i must admit they are with out doubt the best sounding exhausts on the market for the RS and probably give you the best performance gains. :cool:

Medway tunnel anyone? ;):D

IMHO although the H&S does sound rather fruity...it's very loud and not something I would have as a daily runner. What I have now is border line...SWMBO already commented onl how loud it is although she acknowledge Dave's is too loud. ;):D

I don't think you're going to get much out of just a cat back.....I have a Jetex which although a little deeper was still relatively quiet. Downpipe and sports cat really make a difference to the sound...deeper still and a bit louder but not excessively though.

CAIs make a big difference to sound, particularly those with metal LAN type pipes.

Medway tunnel anyone? ;):D

IMHO although the H&S does sound rather fruity...it's very loud and not something I would have as a daily runner. What I have now is border line...SWMBO already commented onl how loud it is although she acknowledge Dave's is too loud. ;):D

I don't think you're going to get much out of just a cat back.....I have a Jetex which although a little deeper was still relatively quiet. Downpipe and sports cat really make a difference to the sound...deeper still and a bit louder but not excessively though.

CAIs make a big difference to sound' date=' particularly those with metal LAN type pipes.[/quote']

Just cos you're under the thumb........ ;)

It's not just cos it's louder, it just sounds better. :P

See one of you guys mention the medway Tunnel. Just up the road from me.... If your local, who do you use for your mods etc around hear. new to all this tunning lark and wondering best place to get the Exhaust and fitted.

How much are we looking at for a full system then with a CAT ???

While i'm at it, has anyone tried the Revo dealer in Dover ? Seems to be the nearest place hear in kent. Dont really fancy a day upto Jabba, unless they really are that good. Met a guy with a Fabia VRS locally who said he would be making the drive up there.....

See one of you guys mention the medway Tunnel. Just up the road from me.... If your local' date=' who do you use for your mods etc around hear. new to all this tunning lark and wondering best place to get the Exhaust and fitted.

How much are we looking at for a full system then with a CAT ???

While i'm at it, has anyone tried the Revo dealer in Dover ? Seems to be the nearest place hear in kent. Dont really fancy a day upto Jabba, unless they really are that good. Met a guy with a Fabia VRS locally who said he would be making the drive up there.....[/quote']

Buggs - how can you live round there and not heard of www.impossible-performance.cwc.net ! Get yourself round there and have a talk to Mike - but i warn you in advance it's like an Aladdin's Cave and you wont leave without buying some shiny bits for your car! I don't live anywhere near there but my car is currently round there having some work done. Go and check it out!

i have the Blueflame Downpipe and 100cel CAT and a Milltek CAT Back System.

and i love it, :) hardly sounds any different from the inside,except when your pushing on that is but it sounds deeper and more meaningful from the outside.

i can't complain at all and wouldn't hesitate to recommend the same setup to anyone :thumbup:

not sure on the cost though as i got mine from a certain SteveRS from here who was selling his Octy vRS,guess it must have cost over

so are Jabba using blueflame for the dp and cat then?

Paul - What you up to now? havent heard from you in ages... hows the golf coming along?

Yes.....Blueflame manufacture a Jabba specced/patterned dp and cat....all dev work done of ChrisR's Octy.

good stuff...

i wouldnt want something too loud so thing the dp+cat from jabba would be ok then a milltek cat back system perhaps...

i'll have to have a listen to a few of your cars at the next meet / show whatever.

good stuff...

i wouldnt want something too loud so thing the dp+cat from jabba would be ok then a milltek cat back system perhaps...

i'll have to have a listen to a few of your cars at the next meet / show whatever.

Or a Jetex cat back which, perhaps, is slightly quieter than the Milltek.