Temperature Sensor

TimboT

I have had a repeating problem with a failing temperature sensor -

Symptoms are:

• Temperature guage remains at lowest point
  • Engine difficult to start
  • Engine management light comes on
  • loss of accelerator power

In December this happened three times and each time I took it to a dealer under warrantee and they replaced the 'engine temperature sensor'/coolant temperature sensor. Now it has gone again and with 5 days of warrantee left I'm concerned that there's another problem causing this - has anyone had a similar problem and been offered a longer term fix?

Cheers :thumbdwn: :rolleyes: :confused:

:nod:

Had the temperature sender replaced when the temperature gauge did that, and that's never reoccurred. I do however have an engine management light issue as the sensor has gone again - doesn't seem to have any adverse effects on the engine behaviour though...

If you get it fixed under warranty, I believe it should be covered for a year from when that work was done. :rubchin:

Rob.

I have had a repeating problem with a failing temperature sensor -

Symptoms are:

• Temperature guage remains at lowest point
  • Engine difficult to start
  • Engine management light comes on
  • loss of accelerator power

In December this happened three times and each time I took it to a dealer under warrantee and they replaced the 'engine temperature sensor'/coolant temperature sensor. Now it has gone again and with 5 days of warrantee left I'm concerned that there's another problem causing this - has anyone had a similar problem and been offered a longer term fix?

Cheers :thumbdwn: :rolleyes: :confused:

Personnaly I would speak to Skoda customer services... tell them you are concerned that your dealer hasn't cured this ongoing problem and that you are worried that your warranty is about to expire.

Hopefully the problem then the real cause of the problem will be fixed under warranty. :)

If you have a recurring problem when the car is under warranty , as long as the dealer has made a claim then it is logged.

Let the customer services know and it will be looked in to.

Dependant on which car , there is 2 temp sensors on the car.

The main one has had superceeded parts.

So could be woth making sure that the corrct one has been used.

if its a 1.6 with engine code AVU OR BFQ, then the fault is most likley to be

the thermostat,

the stat has a resistor unit built in to it and often fails,

the symptoms are rad fan running when engine is not warmed up thus telling the ecu to go into over heating proction mode.

fault code can point to thermo switch on radiator,

the resistor can fail and the stat will still work, or the stat can fail,

best action is to remove the stat housing a check it, (15 mins max)