Yeti spotting - result!

Rob666

I see four or five most days, it would never occur to me to flash or wave to Yetis any more than at a furby or an octy :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

There are four here in my village Mine (storm blue) another a white one and a red one. I wave at others, but the other day I waved at a red one near here and the driver did the loser symbol with his thumb and finger, clearly not all yeti drivers have a sense of humour. I cried for most of day after :sweat:

There are four here in my village Mine (storm blue) another a white one and a red one. I wave at others, but the other day I waved at a red one near here and the driver did the loser symbol with his thumb and finger, clearly not all yeti drivers have a sense of humour. I cried for most of day after :sweat:

When you think about it, waving to other cars of the same type is a bit weird... But the Yeti just inspires fun, so you can't really help yourself. Perhaps it was one of our members reluctantly taking a test drive!

The influx of Yeti's round here is immense, 3 on the way to the tile shop this morning. I must admit I have stopped waving for fear of tiring my arm.

Back in the days when the world had a slight sepia look long and before internet and mobile phones. I was a learner biker I rode the bike all over the place with the dreaded 'L' plates seeing many other bikes in the opposite direction and no one batted an eye lid.

The day I passed my test and got on a bigger bike without the 'L' plates every single non learner either flashed the head light or waved, I was acknowledged as a real biker. It did take a little time before I realised and responded once or twice stopping my bike and checking for major loss of passenger/luggage/lights out/small fire/thermonuclear explosive meltdown etc.

Many new peeps to Yetidom might experience the same sort of thing as they are not used to the Yeti camaraderie if they are not a member of this noble forum. After a while they'll get the message after driver stops a few times wondering if the brief case/coffee/shopping/small child/coffin was still on the roof.

Ultimately we may get acknowledgement by the new Yetisti. Those who don't..... well spare a thought to the SM that they are driving and give it a wave anyway.

Edited by Hairball

..... spare a thought to the SM that they are driving and give it a wave anyway.

:clap: Some of them must be a bit lonely, especially if they're not being talked to.

• Like 2

Looks like the new Cambridgeshire Police Yetis have been released into the wild - saw two this morning on the A1M near Sawtry - even got a smile and a wave from the driver of one as we came off the A1 at the roundabout near Sawtry - he looked happy in his new vehicle !

Pete

Saw three on Sunday - a silver one on the roundabout joining the West Cross Route from the Westway; a white one parked in Kensington; and later that day another one (can't recall the colour) in Epsom.

Spotted a car away in the distance on an almost parallel country road and kept watching until it was close enough to confirm. It was indeed a yeti, in steel grey.

I'm being haunted or maybe even hunted by yeti up here :rofl:

Saw seven today in and around Livingston. I was only out for about half an hour.

You've still not seen me though ... there hundreds about in our neck of the woods now aren't there.

Those lovely chaps at WEG are being too successful!

Was in Fife at the weekend and all the recent Skodas there have WEG badges on 'em now too!

• Like 1

true - never had my car up to "Scotland's first gun free village"

(not sure if that sign is still there, struck me as being a bit odd).

On the M1 somewhere in Northamptonshire, heading south at 7:15pm, there was a car transporter full of nothing but Yetis, at least 5 (possibly 6) - I was heading home (North) at 70mph so it was only a fleeting view but the first two on the top were definitely dark blue, almost certainly petrol blue....liked to think at least one of the cars on there would be heading to a prospective owner on the forum.

On the same journey I also got my first wave from another owner whilst heading out of the office in Primrose Hill - brilliant silver and a beaming smile from the owner too, was a nice way to start my journey home.

true - never had my car up to "Scotland's first gun free village"

(not sure if that sign is still there, struck me as being a bit odd).

Gone now ... meant something at the time just after Dunblane.

On the M1 somewhere in Northamptonshire, heading south at 7:15pm, there was a car transporter full of nothing but Yetis, at least 5 (possibly 6) - I was heading home (North) at 70mph so it was only a fleeting view but the first two on the top were definitely dark blue, almost certainly petrol blue....liked to think at least one of the cars on there would be heading to a prospective owner on the forum.

On the same journey I also got my first wave from another owner whilst heading out of the office in Primrose Hill - brilliant silver and a beaming smile from the owner too, was a nice way to start my journey home.

I'm pretty sure that one of the petrol blue ones will be mine :)

My dealer phoned me this morning to say it would be arriving today.

Great isn't it... The first time I ever been spotted in 3 years and I've not collected the car yet :D

• Like 3

I don't normally contribute because, to be honest, I see Yeti's most days around here. However, I saw a shark blue one in Cheltenham today and it looked fab.

A collective noun (?) Of Yeties around Matlock, Cromford & Wirksworth today. Special mention goes to the dark purplish blue greenline (I am very colour-blind) that parked next to me in Sainsburys, a Muscovado like mine (colour confirmed by my 6yo co driver) with YET as the last three letters in the reg between Matlock Bath and Bromford and a wave from the White Yeti that lives up the lane from me.

• Like 1

A collective noun (?) Of Yeties ....

"I believe that the "collective" for a group of Yeti's has previously been agreed as a "Flurry"" (Llanigraham, 27 April above) :yes:

• Like 1

Apologies to the driver of a silver grey Yeti (reg plate PAT?) near Ormesby who's wave I saw far too late to respond to. I blame it on the shiny glare coming from their clean bonnet! :-)

I'm sure Dennis (my Yeti) is giving me dirty looks for ignoring a fellow Yetian :-(