Milltek Exhaust Fabia vRS

HellFire

I was going to post this in the Fabia section but would like a concensus from all owners of Milltek's, i'm considering getting a full exhaust system including the sports 100 cel cat (I believe thats the dogs b@ll@cks that Milltek do for the PD?).

My car is currently remapped & I have the Cupra Intake and a Panel filter, I reckon the exhaust could push the car over the 200 bhp mark once the car has a few more miles (currently running 195 bhp).

Just wanted some opinions on the fit & finish of the system and the cost involved, I heard that JBS had some in stock (no doubt sold out now) at a ridiculously cheap price?

I also hear that there is two variants of the sports cat, a race spec one and a normal one? whats the difference?

Cheers! :thumbup:

I've been doing some digging on the milltec exhausts - spoken to AMD and also Milltec themselves. Both claim that the 100 cell sports cat will make a difference in terms on the speed that the turbo spools up. I too am tempted to go down this route before I get the car booked into Jabba for a remap.

My question is: How much difference does the sports cat make over the Milltec cat-back system ie. built back from standard cat? The difference in price is around

Its difficult for me to say 100% as the modified turbo, sports cat and milltek all went on at the same time or near enough and I have allways had the cat on there.

But having driven standard cars and mine yes its all worth it ;) The noise that the sports cat and remapped turbo makes when pulling off is quite impressive apparently. But the turbo does spool up quicker for sure and with the remap keeps going.

I've had two separate mails now from Jabba and AMD stating that it's the downpipe and cat that make all the difference to the performance, so I guess there's the answer to that question! I'll probably go down that route after all...

Does anyone know anything about the system that Jabba has available?

Dave

I'm beginning to wonder about the differences with having a sports cat, and a full decat, on the PD engines, apart from the fact a full decat isn't as environmentally sound. :confused: From a performance side of things, can anyone shed some well based theories? :)

I'm beginning to wonder about the differences with having a sports cat, and a full decat, on the PD engines, apart from the fact a full decat isn't as environmentally sound. :confused: From a performance side of things, can anyone shed some well based theories? :)

On rolling road tests we did on the Golf PD a decat showed a slight drop in torque higher up the rev range than the sports cat. Other than that there wasnt much in it.

On rolling road tests we did on the Golf PD a decat showed a slight drop in torque higher up the rev range than the sports cat. Other than that there wasnt much in it.

:thumbup: Thanks. I guess the only other obvious difference is cost - Was a lot cheaper for me to just hack off a section of exhaust, than stick a new system in. :)