Porsche Twists

xa0sx

What car are they off?

What size, offset, width, etc?

What do you need to do to fit them to a lowered Fabia? Different stud pattern? Spacers? How much money we talking?

How much do the wheels go for?

What size tyres do you run?

I presume Brembo's fit behind them OK?

Any photos of real 18" wheels on a lowered black Fabia?

Gone off the idea of the spiders now, I'm bored of them, want something a bit more special...

Edited by vRS Turbo

Dont get twists then...

Seem to be getting done to the death at the moment !

Haha u were telling me last week spiders are the way. Lolol. They are good wheels but not ones that go with the slammed stealth look IMO

Are yours real though Tas? I was comparing last night and they don't look anywhere near as cool as that red one with twists. The dark grey spiders on your car looks miles better than your current wheels but I was told they're reps (or not the boxer twists) so that's probably why? Don't know much about these wheels tbh

PICT0014.jpg

They look epic and I love them, but I had seen various cars with reps without knowing they were reps, so my opinion was kind of blurred. They're a hard looking wheel. :)

Dont get twists then...

Seem to be getting done to the death at the moment !

I think real twists are more special than spiders personally... Things are 'done to death' because they look good. I'm not one that has to be different just to score some cool points tbh

Edited by vRS Turbo

I know mine aren't real I've never said anything about them being real. I personally am not gonna fork out all the money on adaptors cos the price for a set goes to near £800 which that sort of money can get me some bbs lms which I'm getting in summer

twists do look nice on a furby, i was offered a set a while ago, but as mentioned theres a lot of cars popping up with em on recently, if i was going for porsche rims this year id go with D90's not too many people run these at the moment i dont think emoticon-0148-yes.gif but i change rims every year so i may change my views next year emoticon-0136-giggle.gif ....

I know mine aren't real I've never said anything about them being real. I personally am not gonna fork out all the money on adaptors cos the price for a set goes to near £800 which that sort of money can get me some bbs lms which I'm getting in summer

Not saying you did mate, what I mean is I've seen tons of cars with 'twists' on them and think they look pretty poo but then saw that red one and my mate said they're real, most others are reps so my opinion of them was kinda distorted lol. I like the real twists off the boxster, looks sick :)

The other thread says they are 18's on that fabia, which explains it maybe. None of the other fabia's twists look like them, tas, jasons (real), and various others. The difference isn't if they're real or not, they're just different wheels

Matt

That's what I'm trying to say there's so many different variants what people call Porsche twists it's crazy there's 3 different styles on edition 38 for sale

I think real twists are more special than spiders personally... Things are 'done to death' because they look good. I'm not one that has to be different just to score some cool points tbh

Same here, thats why mine looks standard lol

Guest BigJase88

those porsche 18's on the red one are not twists....

there carrera cups i think!!

i'd steer clear of 18's anyways!!!

what you want is......

boxster twists

front 7J x 17" ET 55 with 205/40/17 tires... with 35mm hubcentric adaptors from 5x100 to 5x130 (you can clear brembo's no problem with this)

then

rear 8.5J x 17" ET50 with 205/40/17 tires with 20mm hubcentric adaptors from 5x100 to 5x130

these are my 'genuine' boxster twists.... replica centre's though as real ones are £100

76e2855f.jpg

aeebb46d.jpg

07e70565.jpg

2cd387c7.jpg

6b9808c0.jpg

Edited by BigJase88

In an ideal world yes emoticon-0105-wink.gif

Used to get people trying to tell me my vts alloys on my old saxo were on the wrong way round... emoticon-0114-dull.gif

lol i have had a couple of people say the same thing to me emoticon-0140-rofl.gifemoticon-0140-rofl.gif

ye those wheels on the red car are off a 911 im sure! my uncle has a carrera 4s and thats what his has got, jase is right though the boxster ones are on ebay all the time and the staggered fit just add to the look!

Guest BigJase88

you don't want the full set of 7's... you want the staggered 8.5's on the back for a bit of euro poke....

i recon the 8.5's may look cool on the front too

you don't want the full set of 7's... you want the staggered 8.5's on the back for a bit of euro poke....

i recon the 8.5's may look cool on the front too

Hmmm you could have a point would like to see it done by someone 

Edited by martyn1976