Longterm Reliability On "tuned" Skoda's

FightingDiva

I just visited some forums and saw something interesting about changeing the 3bar fpr to a 4bar fpr (to meet tuners recommendations).

Now from what I've gained is that in the long term it's most likely to have a negative effect on the injectors.

Another thing that could happen is that the diaphragm on the 4bar fpr breaks (because of too much pressure) and fuel just "zips" through with nothing filtering it, not a very good thing for the engine i supose.

Now, i'm no expert in fuel injection but I suppose some of you could fill me in on details.

What's the injectors max tolerance? Should I change back to 3bar (just in case)?

Cheers,

FD

FD: changing to a 4-bar FPR has almost become standard practice among the Seat boyracers in NL.

But you'll have to wait for a couple more years before the first engines start to break - if they do. It's all learning by doing, I suppose... :)

The big question is wich Fuel Injector is used in the Octavia vRS?

Can it handle the 4bar fpr without any major stress.

The 4bar fpr is standard on TT 225bhp engines, has the vRS 180bhp engine the same injectors (wich I don't think)?

I've attached a typical turbo-engine and the fuel system scheme.

The ECU must play a big role in the handling of the injectors and the fuel pressure etc. Or am I wrong?

/FD

I have always worked of the principle that if you dont want it to break then dont mess with it- much like overclocking a PC...

Im going to tune mine till it breaks then rebuild it the way i really want it..... if it all goes pear shaped you can laugh.

That's true, although I'm sure that the vRS 1.8T engine is high-tolerant to "modifications".

I'm pretty much into your philosophy ffelan, I bought the vRS new and it's going to loose a lot of value when I'm going to sell it (i supose in 2 years from now).

Why not have fun with it, and then buy something even more fun? (like an Audi RS4) ;)

Btw, I did some more research on the 4bar fpr and all should be just fine with the "tuners" software. Within tolerance levels and the ECU software is adapted to the fpr-modification.

Cheers,

FD

Originally posted by FightingDiva in this post

That's true, although I'm sure that the vRS 1.8T engine is high-tolerant to "modifications".

I'm pretty much into your philosophy ffelan, I bought the vRS new and it's going to loose a lot of value when I'm going to sell it (i supose in 2 years from now).

Why not have fun with it, and then buy something even more fun? (like an Audi RS4) ;)

Btw, I did some more research on the 4bar fpr and all should be just fine with the "tuners" software. Within tolerance levels and the ECU software is adapted to the fpr-modification.

Cheers,

FD

where do i get one then.. and what is the actual gain?