Engine management warning

rrimageman

Hi everyone, this is my first posting. Reason I'm browsing this superb site is to see if anyone else has had experience of the engine management light coming on and remaining on, which mine is at the moment. My Octavia VRS (51 reg and 60K miles) seems to drive OK and apart from the light on the dash I wouldn't know anything was wrong :confused: . Just for the record I bought my Skoda used 18 months ago with 49K on the clock. After 6 months something broke in the gearbox. The gearbox was replaced under warrenty along with a new clutch.

Hi everyone, this is my first posting. Reason I'm browsing this superb site is to see if anyone else has had experience of the engine management light coming on and remaining on, which mine is at the moment. My Octavia VRS (51 reg and 60K miles) seems to drive OK and apart from the light on the dash I wouldn't know anything was wrong :confused: . Just for the record I bought my Skoda used 18 months ago with 49K on the clock. After 6 months something broke in the gearbox. The gearbox was replaced under warrenty along with a new clutch.

Welcome to BRISKODA :thumbup:

If you post your location, someone with a VAG COM might be able to help, or alternatively, a trip to the dealer is in order. FWIW, mine is on as well (2nd time now), and I believe it is due to a sensor measuring one spurious value, which will set the light. Has no effect on everyday usage.

Thanks for the replys, so quick too. looks like a trip to the local dealers then! (Clock Garage at Spondon near Derby)The breaklights work fine, but I'll remember that for future reference. I'll post my findings when I know. can somone describe to my ignorant self exactly what VAGCOM is, i presume it's a diagnostic tool.

Got Same Problem On Fabia See Beig Conned Is Suposedly The Egr Valve Which Recirculates Some Of The Exhaust Gasses For Better Emmisions!

Mine In Garage As We Speak It Is Vacuum Operated And Carbons Up. Hopefully Strip And Clean Will Sort, Dont Know How Much Yet. Will Keep You Posted

Rayal Moores