The ultimate Mk2 wheel whore thread

8" ET45 can even be driven with the 235/35 19". Enough space in the arches.

8.5" could give slight problems that can be overcome.

I like the VMRs more :giggle:

They look great Brian.

Are your Skoda Centre Caps the wrong size?

Cheers Chris - calling in to dealer tomorrow to check the size before the wheels go on

Thank you very much Rob - glad now I didn't spend over £200 more on the VMRs or TSWs :yes:

How much were they in the end?

What width / offset did you go for?

Here's a challenge for the Briskoda clan. The Pescaras are off being refurbed and I ordered some VW centre caps which fit the Pescaras like a glove. I then ordered some 55mm Skoda centre badges, removed the VW badge and hoped to fit the Skoda done effect badges.

Alas, problem. Domed centre cap and flat badge don't mix. Any ideas how I can make this work. The centre cap fits fine but it's how to get the Skoda logo on????!!

07267eff.jpg

2e762a42.jpg

Definitely heat them, use a strong super glue or contact adhesive, and use masking tape to hold in place as it dries. Or turn a glass or something similar (aerosol cap?) upside down on top of it, using the rim of the glass to put pressure on the outside edges while it's setting-you may want to put some weight on the glass! ;)

Or if you have an electric sander you could sand the caps flat?? :)

Shiney!

And needs centre caps for the full effect. Always think Pesceras are one of those wheels that look completely different without the caps in....

Looks superb Moley, is that it all finished now (apart from the centre caps?)

Kind of although I'm not convinced by the tints to be honest. I went too dark at 35% but I keep changing my mind on this....

Edited by Moley RUFC