1.2tsi 105 engine

shyfly

hi all/

just wanting info/thoughts on this engine,real world fuel consumption,not skoda fantasy world,as i am considering this engine in my next fabia,the 1.6 tdi 105 i have at present does not really excell in the economy stakes,also the porformance not as lively as i would have hoped.the best average economy,full tank to empty to full tank is about 50 mpg, in all driving styles,the car has done 10000 miles,really just wanting to know how they both stack up,especially the 1.2tsi being cheaper,which would off set some running costs,

thanks, regards

Hi shyfly,

I can't comment on that engine in a fabia but we (in the family) have a Yeti with that engine in and its fantastic, it feels alot more powerful than you'd expect, it really pulls in all gears. We generally get just below 40mpg in it but that is mainly short journeys (driving it carefully though). My grandad has also just bought a new skoda (Fabia scout, 1.2tsi, 85bhp) and that is also brilliant (he's always saying how well it pulls whilst going up a very steep hill where he lives), can't comment on the mpg though as I haven't drove it myself.

Hope this helps.

hi all/

just wanting info/thoughts on this engine,real world fuel consumption,not skoda fantasy world,as i am considering this engine in my next fabia,the 1.6 tdi 105 i have at present does not really excell in the economy stakes,also the porformance not as lively as i would have hoped.the best average economy,full tank to empty to full tank is about 50 mpg, in all driving styles,the car has done 10000 miles,really just wanting to know how they both stack up,especially the 1.2tsi being cheaper,which would off set some running costs,

thanks, regards

Shyfly get the crtdi 105 fuel economy is excellent I get 60mpg with an engine with 300 miles on it,performance for me is blistering is you push the 1.2tsi fuel should drop off the cliff,I pushed the 1.6crtdi today ton up and rpm was only 2500,its the best thing I have bought for a wee while and I have gone through 4 new cars in 2 years,this fabia is a cracker looking forward to a hundred mile trip tomorrow :thumbup:

I have the 1.2 Tsi 105 Estate and to be honest rely on the maxidot figures, certainly dont fill up and check it etc, that would do me head in :wonder: but as far as I can tell, round town which is where I do 95% of driving its about 35/38 ish depending on the time of year. On a run though a different kettle of fish but about 50. It does run more efficent the longer you leave it on cruise control, but as with all cars the heavier the right foot the further you will get from these figures, as you will the more you have the Air Con switched on..Hope this helps

I drove a 1.2 TSi 85 (wanted to test a 105 but the dealer just sold theirs) when we were looking for a Fabia Estate and was very impressed. Smooth and sounded quite nice with a fair bit more punch than the normal 1.4 80hp, no flatspots either. Can only imagine the 105 unit with another 20ps and a bit more torque would have been even better!

I'm all for small turbo petrols, the CR engines are great but dont have the typical low down lunge of the diesels of old, this is something I miss greatly in my Golf 2.0 CR 140 company car. Sure it wont be as fuel efficient as a CR but on paper its quicker and most importantly cheaper. If we hadnt of gone for the vRS an Elegance TSi 105 with DSG would have been the next choice.

hi all/

thanks, regards

Hi, I wrote my experiences at Roomster's My linkcorner so may be this help you.