vrs or montecarlo

shyfly

hi all,

i cant quite make my mind up between a vrs or a montecarlo 1.2 tsi105,the vrs would be white withblackroof, and the monte silver with black roof,have many gone for the monte,cannot get brochures at mo,skoda uk seems to be holding them back till vat free has finished.

hi all,

i cant quite make my mind up between a vrs or a montecarlo 1.2 tsi105,the vrs would be white withblackroof, and the monte silver with black roof,have many gone for the monte,cannot get brochures at mo,skoda uk seems to be holding them back till vat free has finished.

Monte Carlo was available to order from end of January, but a couple of dealers I contacted didn't have a demonstrator.

Brochure can be viewed/downloaded on Skoda Auto site.

Two entirely different cars. Monte carlo will appeal to those wanting a sporty Fabia but with a mainstream engine choice. vRS is a hot hatch through and through. Whilst its fairly affordable to buy, its general running costs (insurance, 98 RON recommended fuel, not great MPG and expensive tyres) would put people off. You've got to really want a hot hatch and be prepared for the additional expense to buy one.

I see you have a Sport 1.9 TDi currently, I believe a new Sport model is on its way so that might well be worth waiting for. The 1.2 TSi 105 would probably make a nice change from the 1.9 TDi. Will be slightly quicker and smoother and will not cost much more to run over the TDi. The vRS will be expensive by comparison.

Two entirely different cars. Monte carlo will appeal to those wanting a sporty Fabia but with a mainstream engine choice. vRS is a hot hatch through and through. Whilst its fairly affordable to buy, its general running costs (insurance, 98 RON recommended fuel, not great MPG and expensive tyres) would put people off. You've got to really want a hot hatch and be prepared for the additional expense to buy one.

I see you have a Sport 1.9 TDi currently, I believe a new Sport model is on its way so that might well be worth waiting for. The 1.2 TSi 105 would probably make a nice change from the 1.9 TDi. Will be slightly quicker and smoother and will not cost much more to run over the TDi. The vRS will be expensive by comparison.

+1 again.

What pipsyp said :thumbup:

Yep.

All depends on what you are after at the end of the day, the VRS will be considerably more to run in fuel, tyres, oil, most general consumables you can think of emoticon-0136-giggle.gif, etc. If you can afford it though, I'd say go for it!