When will I be told my build week?

Hi Guys,

I placed the order for my new Skoda Superb with the dealer around two weeks ago and I still haven't been issued a build week. I'm told the order was placed the day after I paid my deposit but I haven't heard anything.

How long do you typically have to wait to be given a build week? Thank you! :rock:

Your dealer should be able to look up your order on his computer, and will then see if a build week has been allocated, and can track your cars progress right through to delivery, ( if they are helpful ).

I ordered my Combi Elegance at the beginning of February (wk7) and the system (so I am told) has still not confirmed a build week. I have an "indicated" build in wk19 but apparently this will not be "confirmed" until the week before.....

Somewhat frustrating, it has to be said!

Edited by Seloco

My dealer kept me informed every week during my 10 week wait for my car.

They can monitor your car's progress from factory floor to port shipping and UK arrival.

Phil

Getting a build week sometimes takes 3-4 weeks from submitting the order.

I ordered an 1.8tsi elegance estate 27 January and have still not been given a build week. Latest information is circa mid May as a build date although that could come forward. I thought the delays were on diesels?

I ordered an 1.8tsi elegance estate 27 January and have still not been given a build week. Latest information is circa mid May as a build date although that could come forward. I thought the delays were on diesels?

I've order my on 10th December, I've got build week on 24th January (11 week). Dealers were surprised it took them so long to get build week. In February I got call, my build week slipped for one week to 12th (next week)

From reading other posts on the forum it seems you can use this site http://www.trackmyskoda.co.uk/ to find out how things are progressing. You will need an SLI number and the site does say it can take up to 6 weeks to get from your initial order to the computer system.

Be aware that "TrackMySkoda" is a service available ONLY to customers of two specific dealers in the north of England. I have spent several frustrating days trying to get the site to accept my SLI number; eventually I registered on the site (not supposed to be necessary if one already has an SLI number) and received an email to that effect from one of the dealers. Unfortunately there is absolutely nothing on the site's Skoda-branded homepage to indicate that exclusivity!

So, back to the drawing board.....

I ordered my new Octavia Scout in mid December, I have no build week and an estimate for delivery of May. I have spoken with the dealership twice without obtaining a build week, last week I received the following via email:-

The Director of the company is talking to Skoda at a meeting today (Friday 18th March) so I should have a clear picture of build times in regards to your car at the start of next week. I can appreciate your frustration but if you can just stick with me I let you know as soon I have more information.

No news as yet but I have started looking at alternatives as I have borrowed a car to keep me going until May, if delivery slips then I will be without a car as of May. (I traded old car in at time of ordering).

Alternatives will be cheaper with a far quicker delivery time (there are new examples on forecourt and if I choose a ready built car I could have it next week!)

Looking forward to a new Scout, but I doubt I will be able to wait 5 months for it!

New information is as follows:-

"At this moment in time your car has been accepted by the factory but still not been allocated a build week, our Sales Director has been in talks with the Head of Planning UK to discuss the situation. We have been told that the whole allocation for Octavia Estates is being looked at again at this moment in time by Skoda and will be hopefully be fully answered by the 04/04/2011"

Hopefully good news on the 4th April?

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I placed the order for my new Skoda Superb with the dealer around two weeks ago and I still haven't been issued a build week. I'm told the order was placed the day after I paid my deposit but I haven't heard anything.

How long do you typically have to wait to be given a build week? Thank you! :rock:

I order my Superb 4 weeks ago and yes still no information about build week :S what am be told by dealer "As soon they get information they will let know"

Does build week getting delayed if you order your car with all (optional extras)? :think:

Thanks