Maxi-dot trip computer

Hi,I have just ordered a Fabia Monte Carlo in white,I am new to Skodas and I have noticed in the options list a Multi-dot computer, what benefits does this have over the standard computer?, just wondering if it is worth the extra £155,should I also order a spare wheel? Thanks.

Its basically a higher resolution screen in the middle of the dash. I'm not sure on the exact difference, but I think it gives you more specific information, like which door is open, rather than just a door is open. Instead of looking like an old fashioned alarm clock (dashes to make up pictures) it has dots, so can display more stuff.

I have had it on my Octy and it is a nice display, but haven't had to live with the standard one. The dealer should be able to show you the difference, get in a basic one, and in a high spec Octy, you will see the difference.

I hope that helps.

Hi,I have just ordered a Fabia Monte Carlo in white,I am new to Skodas and I have noticed in the options list a Multi-dot computer, what benefits does this have over the standard computer?, just wondering if it is worth the extra £155,should I also order a spare wheel? Thanks.

my fiance and i have both ordered monte carlos, and we have both opted for the maxidot and spare wheel along with climate control, with criuse as well on mine, the maxidot is worth the money as not only does it give consumption and distance travelled etc, it also gives you a nicer looking dash, as it has fuel and temp gauges in the dash rather than a silly blue light for temp and a series of lcd dashes for the fuel.

As above it's probably worth having I have it on mine and it's useful. A few have said that you can do a lot more on the octy than the fabia through maxidot i.e. You can change the way the doors open on the octy but the fabia on isn't that fancy.

That is a Maxidot display, but fair enough if it's not the latest revision.

Images above were the result of a Google Image Search, to try and help show the difference between Maxidot and standard.

• 2 weeks later...

As above it's probably worth having I have it on mine and it's useful. A few have said that you can do a lot more on the octy than the fabia through maxidot i.e. You can change the way the doors open on the octy but the fabia on isn't that fancy.

I have just looked at mine and unless I have missed something the Fabia version is simpler with changes limited to the information displayed and no option for changing anything like door opening.

It looks nicer than the basic display and I had similar in my Audi.

As already posted with the basic screen / dial setup the fuel gauge is segments that are part of the screen rather than a separate dial gauge at the bottom of the speedometer dial and no temperature gauge, just a light. The last photo posted shows the current maxidot layout.

Maxidot is standard on the Elegance, which as a package including climate control, cruise control, leather steering wheel, rear parking sensors etc I considered worth the extra over the SE, but would I pay £155 specifically for maxidot - probably not.

Yes I would order a spare wheel.

The option is dearer now than last year but much cheaper than ordering later from the spares counter, although of course the repair kit is removed and I don't know how much that would be from the spares counter.

Thanks everyone for advice , I have ordered maxi-dot and a spare wheel, just now got to wait for delivery.

I have the elegance with amundsen sat nav and they both talk together,i.e they show the turns and distance on the maxi dot works really well even brings street names and road numbers on the maxi dot system :thumbup:

I have the elegance with amundsen sat nav and they both talk together,i.e they show the turns and distance on the maxi dot works really well even brings street names and road numbers on the maxi dot system :thumbup:

Does the VRS come with Maxi dot as standard?

Hi All,

You have got me thinking now. When I ordered my Greenline 2 the book said it came with Maxi dot, however I have now collected it and I reckon its not got it, it only has the half size display if that makes sense. Is this correct, I dont have the book anymore but can anyone confirm if I am correct ?

Thanks

Hi All,

You have got me thinking now. When I ordered my Greenline 2 the book said it came with Maxi dot, however I have now collected it and I reckon its not got it, it only has the half size display if that makes sense. Is this correct, I dont have the book anymore but can anyone confirm if I am correct ?

Thanks

If you've only got half the display not maxi dot emoticon-0106-crying.gifemoticon-0106-crying.gif

Hi All,

Thanks

Taken from brochure effective June 2010

Picture5.jpg

Hope this helps

Hi All,

Thanks

I have both June and August books from last year.

Both say as standard equipment Greenline II has a trip computer as an addition to the basic S specification and the SE has the same.

However this not the maxi-dot system but an additional computer function using the basic display.

Only the Elegance and vRS have maxi-dot as standard.