bluetooth, silly question time

just wandering what you get when you order bluetooth on a fabia montecarlo, do you get a different steeringwheel with radio controls,or does it just work off the maxidot and radio,thanks

just wandering what you get when you order bluetooth on a fabia montecarlo, do you get a different steeringwheel with radio controls,or does it just work off the maxidot and radio,thanks

If you order bluetooth you have to also specify a Multi Function Steering Wheel for phone prep.

Cheers

Lee

This is all a bit strange as the normal bluetooth has to be specced with MFSW as the standard headunit has no way of controling the functionality. On any other Fabia you can't order bluetooth without a MFSW.

Lww

This is all a bit strange as the normal bluetooth has to be specced with MFSW as the standard headunit has no way of controling the functionality. On any other Fabia you can't order bluetooth without a MFSW.

Lww

Not speaking from a position of strength here, but that does sound a little strange as why could you add them independently?

When I ordered my car (not a monte carlo) there was no problem adding bluetooth without mfsw. The salesman told me that just like the octy you'll be able to control the bluetooth thingys with the same stick as the maxi dot display.

Havent recieved mine so i cant tell you if it's, but he sounded pretty sure about it.

The vrs has mfsw as standard but also an option for mfsw for Bluetooth. The wheels look the same....is it just a software setting that changes the functions?

Edited by cjp2k

The vrs has mfsw as standard but also an option for mfsw for Bluetooth. The wheels look the same....is it just a software setting that changes the functions?

Hi All, I have ordered my VRS with bluetooth but not the MFSW. Rainworth Skoda told me that I didnt need it??(they said it already has the phone controls?). Ive read every post on this site regarding the bluetooth, but its still a very grey area !!!.

Is there anybody out there with bluetooth but not the MFSW that can answer how the phone works without, because I want to add to my order if I've been told wrong I dont care about the extra money, I just want it to work correctly !!.

Thanks in advance..

Hi,

My monte came with bluetooth but no MFSW. you use the rocker switch on the end of the RHS indicator stalk along with the pushbutton underneath.

TBH its a little bit fiddly to use and the MFSW would improve things no end :thumbup:

Edited by Macca68

Are the standard vRS headunits touch screen? Forgot to use it on test drive!

I will be getting the lead for ipod as miss this on my current car!

No the standard Swing Unit is just push button

Are the standard vRS headunits touch screen? Forgot to use it on test drive!

I will be getting the lead for ipod as miss this on my current car!

No the vRS has the Swing (Based on VW RCD310) head unit which just has one line of text. To be honest it isn't great with MDI as you have to manually scroll through tracks, artists, playlists etc one at a time, it's a right pain if you have a 120gb Classic full of music.

The only factory option is to spec the Amundsen (Based on VW RNS310) Sat Nav which gives you a 5" touch screen but to be honest it's still not perfect.

The best option is to fit a Bolero (Based on VW RCD510) or Columbus (Based on VW RNS510) these both offer 6.5" touch screens and the interface that operated the mdi is a joy to use, you get full track info displayed and for navigation you get a side scroll bar same as a windows PC.

Now I'm not sure on Skoda but on VW's all the head units are a straight swap, you just need a GPS aerial for the RNS Sat Nav versions. I recently removed my 310 and replaced it with a 510 in my Passat and I wish I'd specced it from new to be honest but for some reason they are not on the Fabia's option list.

Cheers

Lee

Hi,

My monte came with bluetooth but no MFSW. you use the rocker switch on the end of the RHS indicator stalk along with the pushbutton underneath.

TBH its a little bit fiddly to use and the MFSW would improve things no end :thumbup:

Thanks for that Macca,

So if your wanting to answer the phone while on the road, or make a call what do you do in terms of pushing buttons etc, all im after really is your option on if its easy, as I've not seen??. But it seems to me to spend another £130 ish pounds to press a button on the MFSW, when its right next to the wheel anyway seem a bit of a waste ??. Any thoughts ??. Cheers.

• 2 years later...

Resurrecting and hijacking an old thread I know, but I did a search and couldn't find the info I wanted.

Does anyone know how you actually answer a call when you've got Bluetooth but no mfsw?

Can it be answered by pressing a button on the stereo or do you have to fiddle with the Maxidot stalk?