Buying a Fabia Elegance Estate Tonight! – Struggling to decide on TSI or TDI 105PS Engine :(

indyjones ,good welsh name that!:wonder:well I have the elegance 1.6crtdi 105bhp and its awesome,a cracker great fuel consumption easy get 60mpg,pulls like a tank it will be great on the hills in the isle of wight :thumbup:,I am pretty sure you've lost the vat offer now emoticon-0106-crying.gif but still a better car than the polo or A1,here's my baby and she is lovely :giggle:

hahah well my real surname is still Jones but no Welsh family that I know of! We will have to see what happens with the offers now :(

VAT reduction equivalent to 20.0% VAT applied to the original base price including factory fitted optional extras on all Fabia, Roomster, petrol Octavia (excluding 1.6 MPI) and petrol Superb new car retail orders taken before 3 April 2011. Reduction applied to the RRP including factory fitted optional extras. VAT is still applicable and will be shown on the customer invoice. Offer may be varied or withdrawn at anytime and is subject to availability and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.

this was taken off the skoda website just now

and I would suggest you order with ESP, in an emergancy situation, it could be the difference between you being alive or being dead. Its that important. (and it is, all new cars will soon have to be fitted with ESP, and they won't be able to get top NCAP marks without it, and the insurance companies reccon over 50% of fatal accidents would be gone if ESP were fitted!)

I work for the ambulance service, and sadly some of my collegues from my station attended an RTC, where a car had gone off the road, driver was still alive, but died before hospital, going on the corner/speeds/conditions ect, I can tell you for sure, she would not have gone off the road if the car was fitted with ESP.

here

watch from 3 minutes if you bore easily.

this is also a good one, watch from 2 minutes, the exact acciden I described above that killed someone, would be the old merc, the new merc shows control wouldn't have been lost.

Drive the TSI dsg and you will want one as it is so much quieter then diesel and the gearbox is amazing, you lose out £70 a year on road tax, mpg is not that a difference when you consider petrol is around 5% cheaper then diesel,unless you do loads of miles even then it will take you a good few 1000s miles before you break even

I'd also find a new dealer, yours doesn't know when the vat deal finishes and isn't prepared to be ten minutes late even for a new car order. What's the aftersales services going to be like?

Good points about the ESP and thats partly what makes the Fabia DSG so appealing, VW charge around £1300 for DSG option on most of their models, on the Fabia it's £600 and if you have it you get the £400 ESP option thrown in. So a Fabia 1.2TSi DSG with ESP is only £200 more than a Fabia 1.2TSi Manual with ESP.

A shame they don't do the diesel DSG, I may have ordered one of those.

Cheers

Lee

and I would suggest you order with ESP, in an emergancy situation, it could be the difference between you being alive or being dead. Its that important. (and it is, all new cars will soon have to be fitted with ESP, and they won't be able to get top NCAP marks without it, and the insurance companies reccon over 50% of fatal accidents would be gone if ESP were fitted!)

I work for the ambulance service, and sadly some of my collegues from my station attended an RTC, where a car had gone off the road, driver was still alive, but died before hospital, going on the corner/speeds/conditions ect, I can tell you for sure, she would not have gone off the road if the car was fitted with ESP.

here

watch from 3 minutes if you bore easily.

this is also a good one, watch from 2 minutes, the exact acciden I described above that killed someone, would be the old merc, the new merc shows control wouldn't have been lost.

Yep I wouldnt buy a car now without curtain airbags and ESP, these two items would have been put on the extras list of any Fabia I bought, fortunately the vRS comes with both.

It amazes me (when driving around in my newish Golf with its 7 airbags, ESP, ASR, EBC etc etc) how many people I see tanking it around in really rather old and comparably very unsafe cars; most of which probably dont even have an airbag or ABS.

I'm not saying these safety systems will definitely save you from serious injury, but could mean the difference between living and dieing. What worries me nowadays is if some young upstart head-ons me in my car driving some 15 year old piece of s*it, whilst I have the luxury of driving one of the safest cars going at the moment, they'll probably well lose their legs and most of their brain and if they dont die may well have a terrble and painful existance from that point forward. Even if its not your fault thats something you've still got to live with every day.

I think the Government should do something about getting these old unsafe cars off of the road, the scrapage scheme really wasnt a good enough effort.

Cheers all, we was told clearly that the current offer ends today though.......... Will call the garage tomorrow.....

whilst i was at my dealer today,changing my montecarlo order from the tdi to the tsi105,because the 1.6 tdi i currently have does not live up to expectations in both economy or performance,the dealer said that the vat free was extended for a month

whilst i was at my dealer today,changing my montecarlo order from the tdi to the tsi105,because the 1.6 tdi i currently have does not live up to expectations in both economy or performance,the dealer said that the vat free was extended for a month

Interested to hear that you've changed your order shyfly as I too have been totally underwhelmed by the 1.6 Cr 105bhp Elegance whch I bought for my wife. She has now taken to driving my 'old' vRS and thinks it's great!!

Was at a dealer in Glasgow who has 2 Monte Carlos in stock (both diesels) which looked very nice but I'd be looking for a petrol 105 bhp too!!

I think you've made a 'wise' choice.

Interested to hear that you've changed your order shyfly as I too have been totally underwhelmed by the 1.6 Cr 105bhp Elegance whch I bought for my wife. She has now taken to driving my 'old' vRS and thinks it's great!!

Was at a dealer in Glasgow who has 2 Monte Carlos in stock (both diesels) which looked very nice but I'd be looking for a petrol 105 bhp too!!

I think you've made a 'wise' choice.

Yep I also think the 105 TSi is bound to be a nicer engine than the 1.6 CR 105. My Dad's A3 Sportback S-line 1.4 TFSi DSG is smoother and feels quicker than my MK6 Golf GT 2.0 TDi 140 even though its 15ps and a load of torque down. Problem with the CR's is that they are appalingly slow off the mark, lack low rev grunt, suffer extreme turbo lag, have poor thottle response and to polish it off have astronomically long gearing. Excellent refinement doesnt really make up for these woeful problems.

I got my MK6 as a company car having had a MK5 GT Sport 2.0 TDI 140 PD loan car for a few months (which I absolutely loved) and have been very underwhelmed with its performance, if I'd personally spent £23K on it I would have probably resigned to having it remapped by now just to try and resolve the problems but would have most likely sold it already.

I havent driven a 1.6 but can only imagine its just as bad if not worse than the 2.0. The PD 140 offered such strong performance by comparison, i'd happily live with a bit more noise and loss of power at higher revs to have a much more potent and tractable power unit like the PD.

Edited by pipsyp

What a load of tosh,I have the cr 1.6tdi 105bhp,granted it's not a vrs (personally I don't like ) the cr is refined

yes much quieter than a pd,, and going to be far more

economic than a Tsi , I get 60-65 mpg and Ihave taken her up to 115 and she flies ,first gear take off is ok not a vrs, but in 2-3-4 poo off a shovel ,absolute breeze overtaking anything just gobbles the enemy, once in top gear(don't you love the boys) she's cursing at 90 and only just over 2k rpm,agree it's not going to be as quick as a Tsi engine but will probably outlast the engine easy as the Tsi has major issues apparently ,I would never go back to the petrol to common

Edited by seboni121

seboni121

Just a quick tip. If you put your comments after the /quote (including square brackets) in someone else's post, it will be easier to distinguish your comments from theirs. Alternatively, you can split their post by selectively pasting the unquote/quote and inserting your comments there. Then do a 'Preview Post' to see if it looks OK.

seboni121

Just a quick tip. If you put your comments after the /quote (including square brackets) in someone else's post, it will be easier to distinguish your comments from theirs. Alternatively, you can split their post by selectively pasting the unquote/quote and inserting your comments there. Then do a 'Preview Post' to see if it looks OK.

Sorry sitting in the garden with a new toy, iPod and I have thick sausages for fingers!, also got a bit miffed someone flagging mi chariot without having driven one,so hopefully should be better as I get used to this iPod !