Stroppy Remote Locking

Hullo all.

I've had my vRS for about a month now, and I'm having some issues with the remote locking.

When trying to unlock the drivers door it is usually fine. When trying to unlock all the doors & the boot, it takes an indefinite number of button presses - sometimes 2, sometimes 8.

Sometimes the windows go down, which I understand is a function. However, they shouldn't go down when/after you lock the car! This has happened a few times - return to the car, front windows half down. Not good for the security/weather of Aberdeen.

Sometimes the remote locking just stops working altogether & I have to lock it using the key. This morning the windows went down & it took a few attempts of buggering around with the key in the ignition to get both of them to close (drivers side closed but passenger wouldnt).

Anyone else experienced this? I'll take it back to the dealers, but would they just check it out on VAG-com?

I'm really enjoying my car, but it's starting to get on my nerves. :dull:

I've had a number of VAG cars so I don't think I'm doing anything too stupid. :smirk:

Cheers!

If car still under warranty then go back to dealers and get them to reset the conveniance module (this is the module that controls the central locking and the elec windows). The following works on a MK1 Fabia. Leave windows part down close doors and lock them using the key in drivers door lock, with key still in lock turn key (can't remember which way) and windows will either go up or down, we want UP!! When they have reached full up and stopped hold key in this position for a further 6 seconds...this should reset the upper limits for the elec windows. If this don't work dealership VAGCOM job B)

Edited by fabdavrav

Wifes Polo is similar, unless you press the buttons very quickly it only unlocks the drivers door. If you press the buttons slower you can hear the car running the unlock process on the already unlocked drivers door then the back doors.

I would have thought the Fabia 2 has the more modern locking systems (as does without doorpins etc) but not sure.

Not good for the security/weather of Aberdeen.

Wheeey! Another VRS owner from Aberdeen!!! Sorry, can't really help with the problem but I just thought I'd ask what your VRS looks like? I've been tryin to spot one for aaaages have only found the one! Where abouts in the area you from? :)

I have the same problem it can be fixed on vag com a dealer can do it i just havent seen my m8 with the computer for a while otherwise i would have. And it takes an age to get it in the dealers for a 5 minute job

Hullo all.

I've had my vRS for about a month now, and I'm having some issues with the remote locking.

When trying to unlock the drivers door it is usually fine. When trying to unlock all the doors & the boot, it takes an indefinite number of button presses - sometimes 2, sometimes 8.

Sometimes the windows go down, which I understand is a function. However, they shouldn't go down when/after you lock the car! This has happened a few times - return to the car, front windows half down. Not good for the security/weather of Aberdeen.

Sometimes the remote locking just stops working altogether & I have to lock it using the key. This morning the windows went down & it took a few attempts of buggering around with the key in the ignition to get both of them to close (drivers side closed but passenger wouldnt).

Anyone else experienced this? I'll take it back to the dealers, but would they just check it out on VAG-com?

I'm really enjoying my car, but it's starting to get on my nerves. :dull:

I've had a number of VAG cars so I don't think I'm doing anything too stupid. :smirk:

Cheers!

i had asimilar problem with my scout,it ended up having to have a new ecu and programmed in directly from the factoryby link up from dealers its fine now,but took best part of a month to sort