engine transplants for fabia

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you could fit the one out of the Leon R even with the six speec box using vRS gearbox mounts and driveshafts. But you need to match up engine mounts but they are all available

off the shelf.

A little bit of fabrication required on the exhaust and intercooler side of things and wiring for the ECU but there is plenty of room. Engine bay is the same as the 6L Ibiza and 9N Polo both of which have the 1.8T in anyhow so it's been done by factory.

Is it just me... or is the Fabia really starting to develop into a tuners car? I know vRS's have always been tunable.. but that game seems to reach new levels every couple of years or so.. More talk of engine swaps these days though.. and more and more non vRS's being modded.. More attention than the Polo ever seems to get... :D

plus its a good looking car realy, going to slap a vrs body kit and some vrs alloys on then bigger engine either vr6 (very tempting but also im tempted to buy a corrardo haha) or the 1.8t i do want something that wouldnt involve me geting a new special ecu asthey cost a fortune haha, plus the great thing about a skoda if you overtake any car they get realy jealous, overtook a bmw and he got realy snotty went rite up my arse so i put foot down a bit pulled over and he went past followed by an octy vrs....next thing i knew 1 mile down road he got pulled hahahahahaha

Guest BigJase88

My mate was going to put a 210bhp s3 engine in his lupo gti

Buying all the parts etc i would say so far has cost over 4k

And its not even done yet.. He was hoping to do it for under 5k

To have a tuning company do it your talking crazy money 7.5k+ i would have thought

another question is cost which is a cost and time effot on a job like this?

Cost is a big factor, I'm lucky as in it wouldnt cost me any labour. I found a complete 24v engine with loom and ecu for £500 the other day, as the rest of the car is up to spec to handle it I was very very tempted. But not quite ready for it yet.

Cost is a big factor, I'm lucky as in it wouldnt cost me any labour. I found a complete 24v engine with loom and ecu for £500 the other day, as the rest of the car is up to spec to handle it I was very very tempted. But not quite ready for it yet.

aea858f5.jpg