Swing Radio "Tweaking"

Can you post your bass/middle/treble settings on your standard Swing/Audio setup?

I find the bass rattles the speakers easily... wonder how you have set yours up

Cheers

Dave

Bass +2

Middle 0

Treble +1

I listen mainly to speach (Radio 4) or Classical (Classic FM) as well as playing my Ipod touch through the Aux jack

Sound quality is fine, I also have gala pumped up to +6, and rarely need the volume above 8

Bass +2

Middle 0

Treble +1

I listen mainly to speach (Radio 4) or Classical (Classic FM) as well as playing my Ipod touch through the Aux jack

Sound quality is fine, I also have gala pumped up to +6, and rarely need the volume above 8

May need to change mine a bit to listen to Voivod, Cavalera Conspiracy and Meshuggah then . :thumbup::D

Can you post your bass/middle/treble settings on your standard Swing/Audio setup?

Cheers

Dave

Mine isn't rattling, but I noticed the courtesy fabia I was driving was rattling quite severely - so may take a while to loosen up.

If I get rattling I'll be taking the door cards off and adding some dynamat to the other side of the plastic door cards. That should cure it.

Cheers

Dave

i have mine turned up full volume with the mighty quo blasting out paperplane,there is no rattles or squeeks when the reverend rock parfit :thumbup: is in the groove,or when i am back in wales,edward h dafis,has the same impact :thumbup:

Edited by shyfly

Now I've been tweaking it and got the volume up a bit it seems to have settled a bit more now.

Though some bands use a shedload more bass than others.

Also, I bought an MDI lead through eBay for £6.49 delivered, and used a bog standard 8GB USB Memory Stick - works perfectly! And moving through tracks/albums is lightning fast!

Using an MP3 CD is woefully slow through the headunit.

However, I am considering upgrading to one of these (in appropriate colour for my car too..) as I hear this is the model people have been using with lots of success

seagate_freeagent_goflex_ultraportable_drive_500gb_red.html_515906_g1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Holy Thread revival batman :D

onthe subject of settings - I have "gala" up at 7 but do not hear any difference in the volume as my speed increases :thumbdown:

Fairly sure it is set up right - in fact not even sure it can be set up wrong?

worked fine on my MkI vRS(I realise its a differne thead unit) - anyone any thoughts before I venture back to the dealers

Holy Thread revival batman :D

onthe subject of settings - I have "gala" up at 7 but do not hear any difference in the volume as my speed increases :thumbdown:

Fairly sure it is set up right - in fact not even sure it can be set up wrong?

worked fine on my MkI vRS(I realise its a differne thead unit) - anyone any thoughts before I venture back to the dealers

I don't know how anybody puts up with 'gala', does my head in the volume adjusting all the time!

Try setting it as high as it goes, it may be done on a gradual linear scale as opposed to 40% volume 60% 80% as speed increases etc...

May need to change mine a bit to listen to Voivod, Cavalera Conspiracy and Meshuggah then . :thumbup::D

Meshuggah is amazing!

Love ´Destroy Erase Improve. Crazy first track ...