Anyone doing a group buy for a Shark stage one?

you have just missed out on 2 huge group buys so i wouldnt hold your breath for another just yet. If you go to the likes of GTI international or other car events which they very often support you may get a deal.

But if your a freedom member your also viable for a 10|% forum discount.also bear in mind the rpices. REVO is 499+VAT, shark is £499Incl VAT. so your £50 saved already. Take into account the 10% freedom discount and your now £100 cheaper than REVO. So its actually good value already

When and if we get a Golf GT Tdi, I am hoping Ben will do another cracking deal, where he offered a great discount on the map and supplied an STS free! :o

maybe if enough people show interest on this post Ben might offer something? :)

Have you tried both?

No but have seen graphs from both....

Revo doesnt inspire me one single bit, i would actually fear for my engine and turbo.

Never heard of any disappointed Shark customers.......kiss-my-ass.gif

Not heard of too many disappointed Revo customers in over 10 years on various VW forums, and in all my years reading about remaps, Revo have been consistently well regarded and recognised as one of the industry leaders.

I've only heard positive things about Shark so I can understand if that's where people choose to spend their money but for me, it had to be Revo this time, having tried some of the alternatives on previous cars. I haven't tried Shark (you can't try them all!) so I can't say whether it's any better or worse than Revo but having lived with Revo for 3k miles I can honestly say it's worth every penny.

No but have seen graphs from both....

Revo doesnt inspire me one single bit, i would actually fear for my engine and turbo.

Can you qualify that a bit more please?

Group buys are always possible!

I'm in the same boat as the OP. Got a 2011 Octavia vRS TSi with 4k on the clock and have been looking at the options for a few weeks now. Narrowed it down to two:

SHARK or REVO

Both seem well regarded, and so will probably come down to price & support. I must admit the support offered by Shark appears to be excellent (many glowing reports)

On the price front, as mentioned by vrs_pagey, a good discount & a free STS would clinch the deal!!! & would certainly put my name on a group buy if this could be arranged.

Ben, I've read many comments regarding the security issue on newer ECU's, am I right in saying the petrol versions are OK to use the STS without any issues. What gains do you expect to see with this engine (BHP & torque) again I've read differing numbers.

Can you give an idea what the offer might be and how many need to sign up.

im up for a group buy , especially as i just got blown away by a leon cupra r (old one 05 plate), so a bit more poke would be nice!

As said the good thing about Shark is they offer excellent after service. I have heard of a few who have Revo and problems but Revo just say it's the car and don't work with the customer to resolve the problem.

i got asked on another forum about why i chose Shark instead of REVO and this was my reply

I was alomost set on going REVO to be honest, but had a change in mind.

I will concede that REVO often have the highest performing cars with respect to dyno figures. Theres no doubting they have the performance, you just have to look at the cars with the fastest 1/4 mile times, they are all REVO, but thats not everything IMO. Sometime i get the idea that they might push the boundaries to far at times, just to ensure they are the top performers. But obviously that is my opinion only.

However i have driven many REVO cars (not 1.4TSI) but TFSI and 2.0TSI etc and REVO comes in strong very early but does tail off a little. Nightmare in the dry and especially in the wet for traction. The shark performance maps i had and have tried on my last motor made identical power to the REVO cars at the RR days i went to, yet was more progressive and easier for traction which IMO, even if less powerful will not only save the clutch and tyres, it will make a faster car as your not spinning power away.

Quite alot of other tuners including jabba and PDT have commented on peoples threads and logs saying theres still a fair bit of headroom in the logs for more power in his maps if you really wanted it, but if its still making good power, why bother and instead have some more longevity and mechanical sympathy for the engine.

On briskoda alone there are at least 6 guys i know of who have had REVO but no longer wish to use them due to issues or not liking the product, they are all with shark performance and much happier. Quite alot of bluefin to shark performance converts on there as well, me included. On th GTI forum there is a guy who on his ed30 had bluefin stage 1, 2 and 2+, went to REVO stage 2+, had nothing but issues, swapped to a PDT stage 2 map, and is now running the shark performance stage 3(same as stage 2+) and is happy.

The main reason for me is in the event of an issue. Ive read so many times that guys with REVO have had an issue, and when they have approached REVO who's default answer is boost leak, or its not the map. Granted most of the time they are more than likely correct, but its not helpful for the guy with the problem. With Shark performance his customer service is excellent and really helpful, which as a consumer is what i want in the event of a fault.

You just have to search the briskoda forum for shark performance and all you will see is praise for his maps and work. id say he is for briskoda like what REVO is for here.

I will re-iterate though, that Im not slating REVO at all, its a great product, that really performs, they're R&D is obviously extensive and well thought out, and if you go there you know your getting a top prouct, but i like the underdog all,.

Im happy to sacrifice what might only be 5Hp realistically, maybe even none at, but id rather be sure that in the event of an issue, that i have back up from my tuner.

Just realised how much i just rambled on there

Group buys are always possible!

Sounds as if we might have enough interest.....I'd like to go for the STS package. Can you let us know what deal you can do and the amount of interested parties you require to qualify.

Thanks mate.

Nice to see there's interest in another group buy!

What we've done in the past is:

15 people - 50% discount on the STS unit

30 people - 100% discount on the STS unit

Forum discounts are still applicable also - i.e. if you are a Freedom member you can still claim your 10% discount on the price of the map!

With enough people on board, this can turn into a real saving.

We need 30 people then! Now I read something about the new vrs needing bench flashing, is this true of the 2.0TSI?

not sure how to start a group buy but i for one would be interested so i will put my name down to gauge interest.

1:Broady