worst weekend ever

Brand new car is back at dealers after a turbo fault :(

Went to collect my car on Friday only to discover my dealer had forgotten to sort out PCP so couldn't pick it up and my insurance on my part ex expired when i was at dealers. Had to get the missus to come collect me.

Saturday collected car :) after 10 miles eml light came on when on bypass and power cut for a few seconds, i took it very slow and got home, called skoda they sent someone out he diagnosed the turbo as being at fault looks like something with the vac as the turbo is on full boost all the time even in its relaxed state.

Sunday car just collect to be returned to dealer :(

I really dont know what to do now i obviously want some compensation but with who?

my brief ownership in pictures lol

Friday

CIMG5670.jpg

Saturday

CIMG5671.jpg

CIMG5710.jpg

Sunday

CIMG5711.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm that's not good is it! 50 miles in and bauggared turbo! The K03/K03S turbo they use is pretty reliable - been on VAG cars since 1999 or before!

Erm that's not good is it! 50 miles in and bauggared turbo! The K03/K03S turbo they use is pretty reliable - been on VAG cars since 1999 or before!

tell me about it :(

had a k03s on my last car and it was a great little thing

Think skoda assistance will provide a courtesy car if it will be more than a certain amount of time off the road.

It's a real hassle when something likexthis happens with a new car, and it really takes the shine off but try to remember it isn't your dealers fault and throwing you rattle at them won't help

You need some sort of compensation for that. Give trading standards a ring to see how you stand on your rights.

Then see what the dealer and skoda will offer you. Myself I would probably start off with demanding a new car with the use of that one until the new one arrives. probably won't get that but set your target high and work down.

Think skoda assistance will provide a courtesy car if it will be more than a certain amount of time off the road.

It's a real hassle when something likexthis happens with a new car, and it really takes the shine off but try to remember it isn't your dealers fault and throwing you rattle at them won't help

I know i've said to the dealer its just one of those things and i've been really calm about the situation i dont do shouting and stressing as i know it rarely sorts anything out. To be honest they where really shocked and lost for words, everyone i have spoken to about has been shocked. The RAC guy thought there must have been a mistake with the mileage when the job came through

But like you said its really taken the shine off the whole new car experience :(

Have been given a Vauxhall Meriva or something its like a box on wheels

The law is quite specific on this. The OP is not able to demand a new car - yet. The dealer is permitted reasonable time to make right ( I.e repair) the current car. This reasonable time allows for delays in getting parts and help from the manufacturer. You cannot reject the car until it transpires that the dealer either cannot or will not put it right.

The OP is able to claim costs if a car is not provided, for the hire of a replacement car or travel expenses to cover travel that he wod have done in his car had it been available. Be aware these are limited to reasonable costs, so you can't fly first class to Scotland and claim it based on

the fact you would have driven.

Also, the dealer are not obliged to provide you with a VRs.

The requirement is a vehicle of simar size or bigger, so any

Fabia or bigger will satisfy the legislation. It doesn't have to be a skoda either, if it's a longer period then it can be a rental which is likely

No worries,

Sounds like you are approaching it with the right attitude anyway. I am sure you won't need to, but keeping the dealer on side means if you need them to fight your corner with the manufacturer then they will do so happily.

I would still ask for the first service or similar from skoda (not the dealer) as a gesture of good will

Nothing wrong with aiming high. Just lay it on thick saying how long you waited, how disappointed you are, its put you off buying skoda in the future, you know the sort of thing. See how what you can get. If you wanted a car with a black pack see if you can get them to fit it. I would have said go for the free service but you got that already.

So sorry to hear this. After only 50 miles as well. Hope it hasn't dented you're enthusiam too much. emoticon-0106-crying.gif

Least you still have a car to use and you got a small taste of what it was like!

Let us know the outcome :thumbup:

makes me wonder, if this happened so soon, to say a tv, id expect a new one so why is it different with a car? i mean your talking about the same day and very little mileage

is it not fit for purpose as per the sales of goods act :wonder:

Edited by the mad monk

OP might want to read this:

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=88710

Seems they have to be given three chances to fix it...

interesting read, i really hope it doesn't come to the stage where I am forced to reject it, i just want the car back and fixed. Am also worried that when i get it back there will be marks or stone chips, i know people arent so careful when things arent theres. I've taken pictures of every inch of the car and had them sign for it stating its in new condition with no marks.

What ****es me off is i part ex'd a perfectly good car with loads of tax and mot on

Feel for you mate we had the same thing happen about 7 years ago with a renault magaine.Nobody could belive it cause turbos don't go wrong on new cars etc . I remember our car was only off the road for 3 days so hoppfully you get yours sorted out as quick :(

Sorry to hear the issues, although these things happen.

I hope you get it sorted quickly and can enjoy the car. Least dealer can do is give you a loaner and maybe a free first service or something.

Good luck

I should think monday it'll be stripped apart, find the fault, order the parts, ring you, be done for late week maybe. It'll be fine mate, just very annoying with a brand new car!

Why should the dealer give anything out of what us a tiny margin?

It is a manufacturing defect, which will be sorted by skoda and the warranty. I agree its frustrating and disappointing but as with all complex engineering occasionally things go wrong and it is how a manufacturer deals with that which is the real measure of service.

With regard to the TV comparison, the law as it stands takes into consideration that cars are pieces of complex engineering and it is accepted that from time to time there will be defects that need fixing post manufactur. The sale of goods still protects you as it defines how a defect must be dealt with

I saw this being towed by the RAC today needless to say me and our lass are gutted for you pal. My heart dropped when I saw it as bar the alloys it's the same colour as mine. Hope this gets sorted soon for you.

DirtiHari sorry to here of your plight,this is not good not only for you but may be an issue for VRS with the same batch of turbo's,hopefully its a one off but these things generally happen in batches so cross finger and every other thing :dull:

@whitelighter cheers for the info :) Balls in there court now so will have to see what they say tomorrow when they look at it.

did you buy your car with solutions or similar,if so, have a word with vw finance as the car is technically theirs,you have more legal protection under the 1979 sale of goods act on a car bought with finance and you could also reject the car right now, because the recent ammendment to this law puts the onus onto the dealer/finance provider to prove that the fault was not there when the car was built/supplied rather than you having to prove that it was, the act says that the unit be of merchantable quality,and fit for purpose, this means free of major faults or build quality for a reasonable period,you would be able to class a turbo as a major defect and reject the car,whereas if it was something like a broken clp on the parcel shelf would not be asignificant defect and so you would need to give the dealer the chance to repair within a resonable time,before rejecting it,but given the delivery time etc for a new car, i would get the car fixed,i was without my car for a month after only 3days with a central locking/alarm fault,i started down the above route then came to a solution with skoda,not the dealer as my contract was with vw finance,i got 2yrs free servicing off skoda, and the admin cost from vw finance,i just asked for a reasonable sum,for the time my car was off the road,and the dealer was happy as i did not need to rope him in, he just got paid for his work,hope this helps

Any update on the turbo problem.

popped in on my lunch and had a call at 6pm. Saleman said he wasn't sure what it was but they were waiting for a response from skoda uk, i dont think that sounds good.

Dealer was very helpful and said they would be able to lend me there demo fabia vrs or another 'nice' model what ever that is,

popped in on my lunch and had a call at 6pm. Saleman said he wasn't sure what it was but they were waiting for a response from skoda uk, i dont think that sounds good.

Dealer was very helpful and said they would be able to lend me there demo fabia vrs or another 'nice' model what ever that is,

Think I bought mine from the same dealers and they were very helpful good to see that there willing to lend you a VRS or 'nice' model. Again really hope this gets sorted for you as quickly as possible, will definately be keeping an eye on this.