worst weekend ever

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll get it sorted don't worry, hopefully pretty quickly

popped into dealers on way home there still no closer by the sounds of it :( still in the vauxhall :( its awful everytime i drive it i feel dead lol

really getting ****ed off by the whole thing now and think i need to be looking at my options which i was hoping not to have to

is this dealer by any chance, simpsons colne? in the 1st picture, as strange as this sounds, the hill in the background looks very familiar :giggle: (aswell as the side of the building..)

i should be picking up my vRS this weekend from there (should be delivered tomorrow or thursday)..

anyhow, good luck with getting things sorted out, along with being adequetly compensated :thumbup:

is this dealer by any chance, simpsons colne? in the 1st picture, as strange as this sounds, the hill in the background looks very familiar :giggle: (aswell as the side of the building..)

i should be picking up my vRS this weekend from there (should be delivered tomorrow or thursday)..

anyhow, good luck with getting things sorted out, along with being adequetly compensated :thumbup:

Not Simpsons mate.

Am not sure what they could offer in compensation I already have 3 years servicing, they said they'd valet it but after joint owning a detailing company i know they'll do more damage than good doing that.

Good luck with your car this weekend mate :), i think i just got a friday car :(

As Ive said..They are a good dealer.

What are your options?

I know they are good, they have been very understanding and am not fed up with them just with the situation i am in, At the end of the day i just want my new car.

I just feel that if its not resolved soon then I'm going have to investigate exactly what my rights are as I have paid for something i havent received. In the industry i work in if something is DOA/Faulty on arrival the part or item is replaced next day but from reading on here it appears different with a car.

I've only spent 90mins driving and its been in the workshop the rest of the time, doesn't leave me with much confidence with the car.

ive been in every other week since 3rd march, 1st delivery date given was 29th april i think, then 13th may, i called on the 10th to be told i may have to wait till 23rd, i went in today to finish paying off the deposit, signed off all my finance papers and was given a slip to call about 7 days free insurance.. as i said earlier, delivery is due tomorrow or thursday latest and i should be taking home sunday latest (unfortunately im working friday and saturday so may not be able to pick up unless i finish by 6, today i got back just in time)..

neil is the man i speak to and he has been helpful with anything i need to know, but as this is my 1st brand new car, 1st car from a dealer, i cant really compare to any previous experiences

and cheers hari, does look very similar to simpsons, but i suppose that branding helps when all the garages look the same, just in this case they got the same view too :D

Edited by Black Howling

I'm dealing with him but I was told my car is due this week but nothing else. He has been sound with me but I'm impatient, just hope I get a call tomorrow.

sorry hari, seems like your post has been hijacked :p

1 of the other guys had phoned for transport today and was told to expect 'car jackson', within 2 days, hopefully yours will come on the same transporter as mine

popped into dealers on way home there still no closer by the sounds of it :( still in the vauxhall :( its awful everytime i drive it i feel dead lol

really getting ****ed off by the whole thing now and think i need to be looking at my options which i was hoping not to have to

I understand how you feel, my Greenline 2 was taken off the road by my local dealer on safety grounds - unknown engine fault. Approx one month of driving a hired Zafira supplied by Skoda I got my car back plus a brand knew engine.

I probably would still be fighting Skoda finance now if I had refused the car, which would not be a problem if I had another car to use.

If they had accepted the refusal then I would have had to find another car while I waited for a replacement or bought second hand one.

I would think to replace the turbo should not take too long.

Looking at the Seat Forum a few have had turbo's go (2 people) and they had them changed within a week/ten days.

Just been to dealers again they think its more software than hardware now as they have swapped parts off the demo vrs and still same issue.

They've been really good and lent me a Octavia TSI DSG :) as I said i'd had enough of the Meriva

Fingers crossed they fix it soon, feel a lot better with the Octavia, dont feel like i'd ordered and steak and got a got noodle like i did with the vauxhall.

ECU going nuts then if on continuous boost? Hope they sort it quickly for you, I hate my car being in the garage, even if just for a service.

ECU going nuts then if on continuous boost? Hope they sort it quickly for you, I hate my car being in the garage, even if just for a service.

Am not sure it sounds from what they said like its requesting too much boost or is just faulty, they have some more tests to do

I know they are good, they have been very understanding and am not fed up with them just with the situation i am in, At the end of the day i just want my new car.

I just feel that if its not resolved soon then I'm going have to investigate exactly what my rights are as I have paid for something i havent received. In the industry i work in if something is DOA/Faulty on arrival the part or item is replaced next day but from reading on here it appears different with a car.

I've only spent 90mins driving and its been in the workshop the rest of the time, doesn't leave me with much confidence with the car.

Unfortunately faults like this occur with new cars, they churn so many out its all very much luck of the draw.

My dad had a brand new Golf MK4 GT TDi 110 a few years back and within 1000 miles the oil pump packed up and it died. Was off the road for a while, fortunately it didnt seize.

Our Polo packed up after about 600 miles and had to have a new coil pack, spark plug and injector on one of the cylinders as well.

It will be fixed and back with you soon enough.

Edited by pipsyp

picked it up yesterday and all problems have gone :) they said in the end it was a stuck diverter valve.

Anyways its all ok now and dealer was very good at keeping me informed and lending me a nice new octavia, would recommend them :)

Been out all day in it and its managing 37MPG very easily and it seems quicker than i remember on the test drive too.