Consequences Revo Stage 1

I have a 2.0 Vrs FSI done just over 20,000 Miles. I enjoy it very much and have recently been tempted by the Stage 1 Revo software upgrade. I have done enough research to understand what this involves and that it, in theory, is well within the capability of the car without making other changes, ideally perhaps also upgrade exhaust... However my question here is about "side effects" on longer term durablity and wear, I read somewhere that it can cause the DV to "split" - I managed to find out that is diverter valve and therefore that might be something to consider up grading at the same time, rather than waiting for it to "split". I am thinking about the Revo for the benefits they advertise but I wondered if any others here have regretted it because of issues or premature wear arising from the upgrade ? Or even if not actually regretted it have had mechanical or running problems.

Nope mines faultless , better on fuel , and i love it to bits, look at fitting the revision d diverter valve which will solve the problem , although mine has a forge fitted,may be worth sounding out your insurance though.

The grin on your face never goes away and it does make a big difference, maybe consider other options as well , give Ben from shark a ring , he has good results and can help.

Also consider that all you're really doing is upping the power/torque to levels that other cars in the VAG range are already running, with mostly identical mechanics to your car.

Thanks for reassurances - I have seen very good things about Shark and would have confidence in them from excellent write ups but he is a long way from me... Revo have authorised outlet much nearer... looks like both would "make me smile" and of course improve mpg, but decision may be as crude as distance to travel to get it done...

Thanks for reassurances - I have seen very good things about Shark and would have confidence in them from excellent write ups but he is a long way from me...

Stay tuned... we are setting on new dealers all the time and an outlet may spring up a little closer sometime soon...

Also don't forget that we also do the Self Tuning System which saves you travelling anywhere at all!

Thanks for reassurances - I have seen very good things about Shark and would have confidence in them from excellent write ups but he is a long way from me... Revo have authorised outlet much nearer... looks like both would "make me smile" and of course improve mpg, but decision may be as crude as distance to travel to get it done...

order with an sts switch and I think you dont even have to leave your house! Shark will confirm this for you. Im looking at this myself and I think you are sent a map via email and then load it to your switch. Then you plug into your car and download the new map. (open to more clarification on this) :)

Edited by broady

order with an sts switch and I think you dont even have to leave your house! Shark will confirm this for you. Im looking at this myself and I think you are sent a map via email and then load it to your switch. Then you plug into your car and download the new map. (open to more clarification on this) :)

Thank you for that... interesting and possibly ideal answer... I will investigate and as you say more clarification much appreciated...