Shark group buy

Need 30+ people for shark group buy  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a shark performance group buy?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just phoned Sky and my premium will go up by around £40, happy with that B)

Time to beat, sorry persuade the wife

Have just sat down and worked out how long it would take to save the money spent on the remap incl STS basing it on a +6mpg and the current fuel costs. I would get an extra 66 miles out of a good tank, currenty 53mpg so slightly higher than what I am averaging, but I think that was down to the last fill up from no where near empty (I blame the wife forgetting to use the voucher so I had to). Based on my ramblings it would take a year and half on my current usuage which isn't bad considering when I need it I get more power.

Now I have a good argument. Sad eh? :D

Edited by zeffania

Get on the order list bigc let's get it happening. Follow the link in shark 90s post above.

Waiting for some info from my insurance company that will help me decide one way or t'other...

Prices for individual cars are available on the website at www.sharkperformance.co.uk but here are some popular ones:

Octavia 1.9TDI - £299

Fabia VRS 1.9TDI - £299

Octavia 1.8T (inc VRS) - £349

Octavia 2.0TDI (inc PD VRS) - £349

Octavia VRS 2.0TFSI - £449

Octavia VRS 2.0TSI - £499

Octavia VRS 2.0TDI CR170 - £499

Fabia II VRS 1.4TSI - £499

All prices there include VAT and there is a 10% discount available to Briskoda Freedom members

Thanks Ben, so if I'm right this will total £269.10 with a free STS for a Freedom member?

Seriously tempted in this group buy with STS..... Also have a family member interested after a recent purchase of a passat PD140.

Insurance cover for the remap isn't an issue - already covered !

Trouble is I'm onto 117k now on my PD140, but original DMF, clutch and turbo, so worried remapping now will finish one of those three off !

I'm not really interested in out right performance, but better drive and economy do appeal.

What sort of increase would I likely see if driven sensibly, currently averaging 48mpg over 12k (calculated on phone app, not trip computer), but so 2-3k per month so any decent improvements could help me justify it to.........;-)

Is there some info on what power/torque/economy gains remapping gives? I gather from other posts that it would take my Octavia CR from 170bhp to around 200bhp, with a slight improvement in fuel economy (if driven the same), but no mention of torque figures. I'd be quite interested to see some before and afterdyno plots if anyone has some.

As for reliability issues, presumably the biggest increase in strss is the clutch?

Is there some info on what power/torque/economy gains remapping gives? I gather from other posts that it would take my Octavia CR from 170bhp to around 200bhp, with a slight improvement in fuel economy (if driven the same), but no mention of torque figures. I'd be quite interested to see some before and afterdyno plots if anyone has some.

As for reliability issues, presumably the biggest increase in strss is the clutch?

Im sure I read somewhere that its another 80-90 NM for the 2.0 CR

Now, if I could only remember where .......

Im sure I read somewhere that its another 80-90 NM for the 2.0 CR

Now, if I could only remember where .......

It's about an extra 50NM to take it from 350 to 400 if I remember correctly.

Seriously tempted in this group buy with STS..... Also have a family member interested after a recent purchase of a passat PD140.

Insurance cover for the remap isn't an issue - already covered !

Trouble is I'm onto 117k now on my PD140, but original DMF, clutch and turbo, so worried remapping now will finish one of those three off !

I'm not really interested in out right performance, but better drive and economy do appeal.

What sort of increase would I likely see if driven sensibly, currently averaging 48mpg over 12k (calculated on phone app, not trip computer), but so 2-3k per month so any decent improvements could help me justify it to.........;-)

We can do a more "conservative" map if you'd like, but all our maps are smooth and progressive rather than aggressive, so while the clutch of course will eventually go, and the extra torque will wear the clutch at a slightly faster rate, it shouldn't kill it immediately!

Customers generally report around a 10% increase in economy but it's difficult to say, as each car is driven differently.

Damn would love to get mine done but SWMBO just left her job so finances now a little restricted, all who get it done ENJOY:) i am not in the least bit jealous :( grrrrrr

Thanks Ben, so if I'm right this will total £269.10 with a free STS for a Freedom member?

That's RIDICULOUSLY good value!!! Seriously, I can't believe that price. :clap: