can u remap to 190bhp with a uprated clutch

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh that's it the car ran 127.8 hp as standard so it wasn't reading high to begin with

Did your remapper give you this figure before he mapped it to 190?

Has the turbo every been changed at all? For all we know, it may have been switched to a GT1749VB in an earlier life........

Ideally what you want to do is get a graph scanned up here, and then we can analyse it. It may be the drive train loss may be set wrong, wrong gear used.

But without a shadow of a doubt, your car with a standard KKK turbo isn't running 190bhp. Sorry.

I wouldnt know what mid 170s feel like lol and yes I stood and watched the screen as he run it, 127.8 hp. And yeh the turbo was changed at 71000 mile car just turned 80000 this week. I don't have a print out but could prob get hold of it. Dave is the founder of torque tronix, all the ones in the uk buy into him so are using his maps, he also writes maps for many of the big uk companies, also build ecus etc and had a few sent over to fix. Top class guy

Guest BigJase88

And it would look good to show you 190bhp wouldnt it since as they remapped it, a slight twiggle of transmission loses and wow you've automatically gained 15bhp

Dave is the founder of torque tronix, all the ones in the uk buy into him so are using his maps

We don't.

he also writes maps for many of the big uk companies

Ahh that old chestnut. You'd be amazed at how many tuning companies "write maps for all the big tuners".

Is that 270hp car on standard injectors?

190 bhp on the standard turbo, its just not possible. As a founding member I have seen people on here believe they had a lot of power, and for some reason they always seem to do well on the tuners own RR, however go to a true unbiased independent they are soon disappointed when their car sometimes makes less than everyone else's there who have been mapped by reputable tuners. Skewing the RR figures is dead easy for someone familiar in how they work, and its a common ploy to get you to buy one tuners map over another.

Guest BigJase88

We don't.

Ahh that old chestnut. You'd be amazed at how many tuning companies "write maps for all the big tuners".

Is that 270hp car on standard injectors?

Someone who knows what their talking about!

Im sure anothet guy was claiming 250bhp on stock smic with hybrid turbo!

There are some muppets out there lol

Hmm well I had 179bhp and 334lb/ft on a standard turbo at Awesome. I would suggest that their RR exaggerates the figures. Even if it was accurate I had to drive round the judder and couldn't boot it in 6th.

I'd reckon that was as much as the car would take as standard, and after 2 years on the map it was smoking like a Victorian chimney. I really cannot see the std setup being asked to provide more and lasting any length of time.

Yes you do thats what your running :) xxxxx

no im not :) xxxxx

We don't.

i never said you< what about the extensive range of TT dealers on the mainland, would make more sense lol i did ask him had he heard of you, he had but didnt comment as he had never dealt with you.all i know is when i was in he just got an ecu in the post from a uk company to repair lol the guy is a genius.

190 bhp on the standard turbo, its just not possible. As a founding member I have seen people on here believe they had a lot of power, and for some reason they always seem to do well on the tuners own RR, however go to a true unbiased independent they are soon disappointed when their car sometimes makes less than everyone else's there who have been mapped by reputable tuners. Skewing the RR figures is dead easy for someone familiar in how they work, and its a common ploy to get you to buy one tuners map over another.

i have had the car on another set of rollers where i didnt get the car mapped and it rolled more than the mapped power

I Forgot it was half term :zzz:

Best go back to watching playschool then ;)

Nah, i'm not having a go, it's just unless it's been fitted with a PD150 or something, EVERYONE cant believe it's pulling 190 on a standard PD130, thats all.

:)

Best go back to watching playschool then ;)

Nah, i'm not having a go, it's just unless it's been fitted with a PD150 or something, EVERYONE cant believe it's pulling 190 on a standard PD130, thats all.

:)

Aye but non of us know if it's on a standard turbo, yet everyone is quick enough to jump down the lads throat.

A previous owner may have fitted a PD150 for all we know. :)

Guest BigJase88

Even if it had a pd150 on a stage 1 map it would still chuck out the sane bhp

When i had my hybrid 150 it ran stock power for a while

It just didnt 'jump' to plus 200