can u remap to 190bhp with a uprated clutch

Lol

People behind a computer/smartphone crack me up

Forums are meant to be a nice friendly area, this place has gone downhill. Say a wrong/implausible quote and you've lost your pants haha

Some people need lives and loosen up

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol

People behind a computer/smartphone crack me up

Forums are meant to be a nice friendly area, this place has gone downhill. Say a wrong/implausible quote and you've lost your pants haha

Some people need lives and loosen up

Just the man, was also referring to the mapping/smoke debate in your thread! :giggle:

Hi,

I started this post lol, its got so long now.

had a standard clutch put now, seems alright, i think its seems to be slipping in 2nd gear don't know why. Or it might be me.

Went out on the dual carriage way the other day. seems to be smoking a lot.

could sell it and get a skoda octavia vrs petrol and leave it standard, or a corsa vxr artic look so nice.

You don't deserve a reply like that jase lol xxxx and no one has stuck up for me on this, apart from one person. And this is what I hate about this forum there are so Many anal people on here, who have nothing nice to say, hence my frustration. Quicker to shoot people down and say you can't do this can't do that rather than some sort of constructive reply. It's getting on my wick! Lol I apologise for being rude but if I say I have 190 hp then it really doesn't matter what you say or think because it's not your car and your not really in any situation to say otherwise.

You don't deserve a reply like that jase lol xxxx and no one has stuck up for me on this, apart from one person. And this is what I hate about this forum there are so Many anal people on here, who have nothing nice to say, hence my frustration. Quicker to shoot people down and say you can't do this can't do that rather than some sort of constructive reply. It's getting on my wick! Lol I apologise for being rude but if I say I have 190 hp then it really doesn't matter what you say or think because it's not your car and your not really in any situation to say otherwise.

Wtf, i really dont understand what you are trying to do. You lied about being on the stock turbo, people realised and basically said you were bull****ting which you were. Why would anyone stick up for your false claims? Theres enough crap being talked on this forum with you doing it just for fun.

You lied about being on the stock turbo,

In all fairness, he never once said he was on the stock turbo, we all presumed (wrongly) :D

But yes, it would've been nice if he'd said earlier in the thread that it was a hybrid, it wouldn't have caused so many negative replys.

ive got 190 at 1.44 bar boost on the stock turbo and 327lbs of torque clutch is fine altho i would drive carefully. thats not a high boost figure either as the stock map was 1.32 bar boost, some peoples boost are pushing 1.6 on the stock turbo. i also had it on the rollers elsewhere as i was skeptical of the power, it was 190.1 on the dyna pack hub dyno which is supposed to be much more accurate and it was 196 on the rollers. also have a friend who is 197bhp on the dyna pack and has been for over a year now

Actually, he did say he was on the stock turbo.

This guys full of ****, I honestly think a mod should delete all his comments (And mine really, they aint relevant to the OP's).

That's because I did get that power on the stock turbo before fitting the hybrid. So no I wasn't bull****ting, I like to waste the time of people who are so quick to judge and say no no no no no that's naaaat possible to run those sort of figures on the stock turbo. That's not genuine blah blah blah I'll eat my pants, I'll get a graph to show that's not possible etc etc etc always with the negative **** you caaaant do that wah wah wah. How about well done for a change!

This thread will be locked soon if some rationale/maturity isn't shown.

If I had to stick my oar in - I've been around PD tuning a long time now (almost feel an old dog at it @ 32....), and quite simply a stock KKK does not get even close to 190bhp. I would be chuffed with a real 170bhp. Simply not within the technical capabilities of the turbo/its internals - You cannot argue against this. :) 190bhp is pushing a PD150 Garrett a bit hard! There is only one way to say a KKK does 190bhp and thats to fool a rolling road - usually by not strapping down the front end hard enough so the front of the car shifts on to the front roller during the run which "fakes" power. Not saying this is the case, just a likely tactic which could be used by some of the "big figure" tuners.

Also power is a function of torque and revs, so more facts are needed than simply quoting peak power. :)

Jabbasports rollers are well known to be lets say on the optimistic side with regards power. I had my old MK1 vRS remapped by Jabba and on their rollers it run 226BHP, but on everyone else's including a number of independents it run around 212BHP.

Guest BigJase88

Yup jabba rollers are hilarious

Especially as you can get 270bhp on stock nozzles on them

Wel you may throw that argument out the door because it got that power on the stock turbo, all be it a garrett 130. the car was put on two dynos for the third time and the lower power was on the dyno it was mapped. Car rolled 127.8 standard on the same dyne before pulling the 190.1.

Guest BigJase88

Transmission loses can be altered with the click of a button

You could make it read 400 bhp if you really want

With a helix, magnex, bmc, stainless pipes i could only pull 173bhp

Wel you may throw that argument out the door because it got that power on the stock turbo, all be it a garrett 130. the car was put on two dynos for the third time and the lower power was on the dyno it was mapped. Car rolled 127.8 standard on the same dyne before pulling the 190.1.

62hp from just a remap! Lol!

There's also the fact that both the PD100 and PD130 routinely make more than the manufacturer's quoted power as standard, so for yours to be below that and then gain 62hp (the same overall power as my first car)indicates that's something's not quite right with the rollers. Or maybe the operator...

Anyway, you shouldn't be so hung up on the numbers, it's how it drives that counts. I don't know what my PD100 is making on it's current Shark map, but boy, I know I like it.