Failed paint lacquer

wilsonian

The paint lacquer on the spoiler on my 07 Fabia SE has failed. I've spoken to Claybank Skoda (in Irlam) who informs me that it's not covered under any body work warranty. Am I correct in thinking that this requires a respray? The spoiler has no damage to it and the paint looked like it was "bubbling" before it finally started to bubble. I'm not impressed that after only 4 years the lacquer has failed.

Anyone else had this issue with young-ish Skodas?

the same has happened on my 04 fabia vrs.Got told it wasn't covered also.Did get a quote for £180 off a bodyshop,they also said they would have to take it off.I said no thanks,so bought some paint and lacquer and just waiting for the weather to improve and doing it myself as my job is a sprayer(industrial)....

Well I have a scratch on the bonnet and boot (below the badge) so might just see if a BS can do the whole lot.

Bloody annoying for a car thats only 4 years old.

• 1 month later...