specs of rust on 3 month old car

mrhankey

hi,

i have some small specs of rust. when i am washing the car and down near the bottom of one door, on the bak and in the corner where theres a join in the bodywork on the boot.

i am going to say to the dealer about this howevr the small specs i am unsure what they will say about them. certainly the join is warranty but the other small specs what can i use to get rid of these?

i polished the car with mer and autoglym products when i got the car and have applied twiced since with mer but last few washes i have used demon shine for quickness.

just concerned the paintwork is not that good. anyone who can rec a product would be great.

thanks

thanks guys, yeah i am not letting dealers near it. dont have faith in them. ill try either of the above and see how it goes. will it come back through after applying it?

also does it harm the rest of the paintwork around it using any of the above products?

thanks again

If the rust like spots are anything like mine then they will not return as they are what is commonly known as 'Fallout' from the journey over to here whilst on the trains etc.

They are literally burnt into the surface of the clear coat and as such require disolving which is where the Iron Cut comes in :thumbup:

All polishing/waxing does is take the heads of the Iron particles thus leaving them still embedded into paintwork until you use product or similar above.

Just worth adding to this that the 'fallout' is specifically Iron Fillings and hence Iron-X being a product that can disolve these and remove them from the lacquer......... :thumbup:

Also be sure to use Iron-X in an open space as it's not particularly pleasant to smell due to the Suplhur content......... :'(