TTS short shifter

Can some one confirm then which is the correct one for my 08reg vrs petrol 6 speed please and if anyone knows part number and from where so I can get 1 ordered please ?

Hi guys. Does anybody know any short shifter that fits Skoda Octavia 2 1.9 tdi 5 speed, bxe engine and jcr gearbox ?

Your's should be the 8J0711046D  or the 8J0711051D.  I think you'll find your gearbox is from the MQ250 series.

It'll be quicker to drive to Germany.

I ordered mine on a Thursday but there was no stock in the UK so had to be shipped from Germany. Arrived Monday, fitted Tuesday.

Was it the same part number I mentioned?

Any pics , feedback on de dif. would be nice

Thanks

Can some one confirm then which is the correct one for my 08reg vrs petrol 6 speed please and if anyone knows part number and from where so I can get 1 ordered please ?

Anyone please so can get 1 ordered

Was it the same part number I mentioned?

Any pics , feedback on de dif. would be nice

Thanks

Mine had an E as the final letter (8J0-711-046-E).

The movement is quite a bit less, feels positive. Not a lot to say really, worth the 30 squids and a couple of hours work.

Edited by Wayne Kerr

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this thread, having read through it all and watched the vid all my questions were answered without even needing to post!

Fitted today, quite a noticeable improvement, always thought the shift was a little long, this has made it far better! As a lot of people have said, hardest part was getting the air box/filter on and off!

Cheers all

Rusty

Hi lads

can you tell me the part number for this part as a few a floating around now

the car is a 2008 VRS Tdi

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=8J0711046E&safe=off&es_sm=122&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=1p8eVbTiJZb1armngfAJ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAg&biw=1920&bih=989

is this it exactly?

Cheers

This might help also

MQ350 gearbox on the VRS mk2 PD170 and gear linkage fitted today

8J0 711 046 E was the newer part number

Not really a short shifter as this was discussed on many VW and Audi forums but but reduces throw about 13mm in total

Brought the gearknob head 5mm in closer from the dash end and 8mm from the opposite handbrake end

It is definitely an improvement with nice, slightly quicker shifts that seem better suited to the hand use not the whole arm being used

£32 from TPS and very easy to fit

The hardest part was fishing the 13mm socket out that fell onto the undertray  :p 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi The short shift can be bought off e bay for about £35, less than half price of Forge and fits the same (MK2 2 2010 Vrs) recommended mod only shortens shift not side to side

is this short shifter ok for the MQ350 6 speed gearbox?

post a link up buddy

• 2 weeks later...

I take it you have to remove the air box inlet (2 torx screws) from the from the front bulkhead and the air box (1 torx screw) as well? If I got a garage to do this job...15 mins max what should I be paying? Unfortunately I don't know any friendly garages nearby or any mates who are mechanically minded!!!  

K:)

I take it you have to remove the air box inlet (2 torx screws) from the from the front bulkhead and the air box (1 torx screw) as well? If I got a garage to do this job...15 mins max what should I be paying? Unfortunately I don't know any friendly garages nearby or any mates who are mechanically minded!!!  

its very easy, is your a petrol or diesel? 

the TDI has just a few little bits to undo and very easy

its very easy, is your a petrol or diesel? 

the TDI has just a few little bits to undo and very easy

its a diesel, just concerned about taking the air box bit out.....the vid on page five here shows it on a golf and it looks so simple but then when I lifted the bonnet and saw mine was so different it didn't look so easy to me!!!.....I'm hopeless at mechanicals!!!!

Yours is dufferent to the airbox in the video. I had mine out for the first time at the weekend to check and bleed the slave cylinder. Its just one 5mm allen bolt and pushed onto two rubber lugs then unclip the air intake pipe going to the box. Its a 5 minute job.

• Like 1