Filthy alloys

Octygone

My wheels are almost black (sure they wernt that colour to start with) so I would like to call on others experience ....How do you clean your alloys...what do you use when they get really bad...and how best to protect them.....soap and water wont help mine at the moment and I may have to take them off to clean them properly...it's just that I am sure the spray on alloy cleaner will eat through the coating on the wheels so I am not too keen to use it.

The stuff from Waxwizard....I can't acutally remember the name but seem to remember MC2 for some reason :o .....anyway spray it on leave for a few minutes then use a wheel brush and wash off with a power hose.

Works very well and can even ne used around the house.....really good for degreasing the kitchen. :thumbup:

Second vote here for MC2 from wax wizard. Well worth the money, and depending on how strong/weak you mix can be used for hundreds of jobs.

Email Mark (Wax Wizard) if your after or want to enquire about it, a decent chap and very helpful.

MC2 didn't touch mine :grumpy:

However, Mark gave me some particularly nasty stuff (50:50 mix of phosphoric acid:hydrochloric acid) which got most of it off :D

Agree though, MC2 will usually do the trick, mine were particularly bad :D

MC2 didn't touch mine :grumpy:

However' date=' Mark gave me some particularly nasty stuff (50:50 mix of phosphoric acid:hydrochloric acid) which got most of it off :D

Agree though, MC2 will usually do the trick, mine were particularly bad :D[/quote']

Did you have any wheels left after that? :D

You must have had really bad grime then, because even my van, that hasnt had a wash for 3 months allowed the wheels to come up real good just with 1 go with MC2 just as a test at the weekend when I washed the car, I was very impressed.

Its also great for degreasing oven doors and cooker hoods too :cool:

I have used wonder wheels - although use MC2 now, certainly quicker to get WW and keep that in standby once youve got the MC2 - it lasts for ages if you only use it for cleaning your wheels.

Hosepipe and an old Toby bar-mat.... :confused: Sometimes use tar remover on stubborn bits.

Worse thing is I ordered some alloy "coating" from weathertec along with some more ombrello over a month ago, and its still not arrived. :(

Is this MC2 available in Halfords?

Ive always used WW but i'm sure it started removing the lacquer from the wheels as they ended up more grey than silver.

No, its a product from Wax Wizard and therefore he is the only available source. Email him for further details.

Do not, under ANY circumstances use Wonder Wheels if your alloys have even the slightest chip or scratch on them.

It will get underneath and ruin them.

I'm out of MC2, which always works for me, but i've swissol'd my alloys a couple of times and halfords car wash & hot water brings them up clean every time :)

Wonder Wheels did a brilliant job of cleaning my Senator's multispoke alloys for a couple of years. However I had to have them refurbished when air starting leaking out through cracks in the lacquer finish. I now only use MC2 - brilliant stuff. :thumbup: