Smoothed Fabia vRS - Huxley

Huxley vRS

With the dust flap I have left a little bit if you take a look just to try and keep out the thick of it but I will keep an eye on the dirt in the filter to see if I need to but it back to standard.

EGR isn't an MOT fail at the moment they are talking about bring that law in 2012 but if they do its a few bolts and a clip once a year :)

Still a bit concerned about the comments about the Pipercross panel filter on this thread. I've not fitted mine yet because of this.

How much different does it drive with the remap?

• 2 weeks later...

Booked in with Chris at Silver System near me on Saturday for 2.5" mufflerectomy.

Can't decide between twin rolled in tail pipe or single oval, I will get Chris offer both up to see which I prefer on the day but I think I'm leaning towards twin.

• Like 1

Tonight's job was to seal the rear door's to stop any water getting in

Ready to start

IMG00227-20110825-1848.jpg

Pikey as fook clip puller (homebrew)

IMG00229-20110825-1923.jpg

Before

IMG00228-20110825-1848.jpg

After

IMG00230-20110825-1923.jpg

Job went well with no broken clips and finished before it got dark which is always a bonus.

Can be fitted in minutes and makes a big difference I feel.

Well with the panel filter and the pd160 mod my car made 145bhp on the rollers :) so it does something :) certainly felt alot better when I fitted it.

• 2 weeks later...

EGR delete time.

Starting

DSC_0036.jpg

This tool is amazing! Haha, anyone who has done this mod will know how hard it is to get to the two bolts from the exhaust manifold and the one bolt at the back on the EGR... well this tool makes the job a piece of cake.

DSC_0037.jpg

I removed the EGR valve and you can also see the two redundant vac pipes (vent to atmosphere).

DSC_0039.jpg

Blanked off the exhaust manifold this also needed bending out of the way slightly which is fine as its got a flexible joint.

DSC_0040.jpg

Modified the boost pipe (took the metal connector off).

DSC_0041.jpg

Then I fitted the Allard pipe... which I failed at because I forgot the O ring... doh!

DSC_0043.jpg

Then refitted it all (with O ring).

DSC_0045.jpg

Think my EGR must have been really caked up because its made such a difference!

The kit if very good and the instructions are spot on.

Not to sound really stupid but ive heard mixed reports on the allard system. Not dude to quality ive heard its very good. But what fitting the kit does to the cycle of the engine. Espically the emission side. I wouldnt mind one though if it makes a non risk modification that aides performance plus its SHINY!! lol, but then if thats the case why do they bother fitting an egr in the first place. Sorry to do a small hijack am just very curious :thumbup:

EGR is there to reduce emissions basically but as diesels don't have emission tests then it best remove them to stop the inter cooler and turbo getting coked up.

Does the exhaust gas get injected upstream from the turbo and intercooler on this engine then? I would have thought it should be into the inlet plenum, downstream from these components surely.