Smoothed Fabia vRS - Huxley

Huxley vRS

• 2 weeks later...

Car passed its MOT the other day with advisories on three tyres reaching legal limit and both console bushes been worn.

So I have ordered Cupra console bushes, powerflex front wishbone bushes, powerflex 19mm ARB bushes and a set of 195 45 16" Toyo Proxes T1R.

Should make a nice difference :)

• 2 weeks later...

Dont follow the guides for console bushes mate just drop the sub frame!

I was planning on taking the console out, that's what my mate did on my Polo.

The car will only be on stands also, so will be nightmare if they're hanging off the car!

Cant stop watching that clip. Sounds amazing. So its just a straight through pipe with a fancy tip? the rest is standard?

Think I might have to do this, And your still able keep your back box?

Thanks for sharing done most of the mods on my car, rarb is next on the list, the exhuast was such good value for money shame the fitter is circa 300 miles from me haha, Pd160 deffo makes the car breath a lot aesier mines done 110k now but pulls like a train!! top work bud ;0)

• 1 month later...

Got some Weitec Hicon GT coilovers off a member on here recently and just ordered genuine top mounts, top mount bearings and FR rear bump stops to complete the job of lowering my car. Should hopefully be on for the end of January.

Then I am going to remove my bump strips from the doors and book my car in at the body shop for some paint.

EDIT: For anyone who may need them here are the part numbers.

2 x 6Q0 512 131D (FR Rear Bump Stops)

2 x 6N0 412 249C (vRS Top Mount Bearing)

2 x 6Q0 412 331B (vRS Top Mount)

Edited by HuxleyVRS

Ok so all been well I should have my coilovers fitted tomorrow.

Little picture of the top mounts, bearings and rear bump stops. (all genuine, £93 TPS)

For anyone who may want to compare FR bump stops with standard bump stops the FR are 7cm high.

ab63e5db.jpg

Edited by HuxleyVRS