MFD - Strange...............

Facelift VRS MY2011

No matter what you do or however long you leave it, Oil Temp readout on MFD displays - - -

Is this common or perhaps a faulty sensor?

I believe it means your dealer has set fixed rather than variable servicing.

Seriously? What the hell? How is this related to oil temp?!!!

Mind you, nobody seems to know what "SAFE" Locking means so who knows!

Safe locking, I believe is a reminder about the dead locks when you lock the car,it does mention it somewhere in the handbook

RTFM :)

Aye - as somebody says it's reference to the fact you can "accidentally" lock somebody inside the car and is detailed in the manual most people never even flick through.

Facelift VRS MY2011

No matter what you do or however long you leave it, Oil Temp readout on MFD displays - - -

Is this common or perhaps a faulty sensor?

As already mentioned it means your on fixed rather than variable servicing...mine's the same. Apparently it's said that it only works when variable servicing is set.

On this site a while back it was mentioned that it was possible for the dealer to enable the readout even with fixed servicing, but they don't bother! I'm going to enquire when mine goes in for it's first service soon.

:no:

It has nothing to do with what servicing schedule has been set. Mine is on fixed servicing and shows oil temperature. It shows --- until it reaches 50C then shows the temperature.

:no:

It has nothing to do with what servicing schedule has been set. Mine is on fixed servicing and shows oil temperature. It shows --- until it reaches 50C then shows the temperature.

+1

Mine is on fixed but shows the oil temp.

Dont know about oil temp but il check mine when i get in the car, as for "safe locking" it does my head in but according to the dealer there is no way of getting rid of it!!

Kit :)

+1

Mine is on fixed but shows the oil temp.

Depends which fixed service is set by the dealer's computer. One knows there is no sensor (QG0), the other knows there is but has to be told (QG2). Your dealers have obviously set it up correctly, unlike ours!

Might have QG0 and QG2 the wrong way round, anyway it's easy for the dealer to put right.

Edited by Budgie

That should be in the handbook - it is mine for the Octy.

One press - deadlocks set and alarm and motion sensor on

Two presses - no deadlocks (doors can be opened from the inside), alarm on BUT interior motion sensor off.

This means you can leave the kids/dog etc in the car when you go to pay for your fuel, but the doors are locked. Or you can leave your windows down an inch on a hot day and the car is still alarmed and immobilised, but won't get triggered by a fly or gust of wind.

Most of my previous cars were the other way around one press to lock and alarm, two for deadlocks.

I have to keep reminding myself with the Octavia - just press once!

Most of my previous cars were the other way around one press to lock and alarm, two for deadlocks.

I have to keep reminding myself with the Octavia - just press once!

Same here after having driven Vauxhalls for the last 15 years (I know, I used to work for them though)