Shark Performance Rolling Road Day!

shark_90

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rain has stopped :thumbup: not sure what the Max power is so far but mine made what I was expecting B)

@ Brimma, My son loved your car :thumbup: that was the only car he said he wanted to see.

Thanks again Matt - maybe it appeals to the (much) younger generation :)

Shame I didn't get a reading, will have to save that for another day

Thanks again Matt - maybe it appeals to the (much) younger generation :)

Shame I didn't get a reading, will have to save that for another day

Oliver loved it, he started jumping up and down & shouting when he saw you drive into the car park :giggle:

What happened? How come you didn't get a reading?

I ended up leaving just after your car ran, was struggling to stay awake so came home to bed.

Matthew

What happened? How come you didn't get a reading?

Not totally sure, whether it's something to do with the 6-speed DSG not liking the dyno

Will see if we can get to the bottom of it sometime

Glad to be of service, and thanks for the kind comments :) it was our first rolling road day so we were a bit nervous but I think it went pretty well :)

We think it's best that individuals post up their own results on the forums but the data from today will be available on the new Dyno section of our website within a week or so :thumbup:

I think the best car of the day had to be the 1.5 3 speed automatic MK1 golf that ran at the end. Put out 62 HP, and 91nm of torque. Not bad to say its 30 years old. It had 75 HP when it left the factory in 1981.

Ben couldn't stop giggling, and so far, it is the only car Shark had run on the dyno that didn't have an ECU or fuel injection.

Most people had gone by then though.

25092011333.jpg

25092011331.jpg

Edited by rk696

Unfortunately my clutch was slipping on all three attempts, so couldn't get an accurate reading emoticon-0101-sadsmile.gif

It's been slipping for about a year now, but I've pretty much learnt how to drive around it.

Now the question is, do I continue running it as it is, but not knowing how much power it's making, or do I go mad and spend the cash on something that doesn't really need replacing yet? Hmmm

Not quite sure now who I borrowed it off, but thanks for the loan of the golf umbrella while me and Ant were cocking around with our MAFs to try and find his missing horses! Was much appreciated, bloody annoying that the sun came out towards the end of the day again though so got wet for nothing :rofl:

Not quite sure now who I borrowed it off, but thanks for the loan of the golf umbrella while me and Ant were cocking around with our MAFs to try and find his missing horses! Was much appreciated, bloody annoying that the sun came out towards the end of the day again though so got wet for nothing :rofl:

Not a problem fella, it was hammering it down and then the sun decided to show its face :rofl:

Ah ha, it was yours...too many silver Mk2 Octys floating around the car park yesterday, every time one went in and out of the workshop it ended up in a different parking space, it was like watching a street magic card trick or something!