Custom vrs exhaust

duffman502

Hi im looking into getting a custom exhaust made hopefully with a race cat as well depending on the price. Im awaiting a quote fromma company called mij exhausts in walsall.

My questions are has anybody got any knowledge are they good etc?

And then does anybody else want one as well maybe a group buy type thing as this would lower the price.

Should be between £250 to £300 for the cat back system and add maybe £100 ish or less for a high flow cat.

It may work out cheaper still with a bit of haggling but we'll see.

Think quite a few people would be interested but as with many new developments, price will be a factor. I don't think you'll have enough for a group buy as I can only think of a handful of people on here who would be interested.

If the exhaust can be tweeked for the Cupra crowd then you're talking bigger numbers. Not heard of the company but they'll have the market exclusive as the Supersprint exhaust is well over £2000 and Milltek aren't developing one for the vRS. emoticon-0114-dull.gif

Mij are meant to be really good at exhausts and they have a great workshop with a few ramps. I wish id took my last car there instead of powerflow, who made a pigs ear of it. You get what you pay for i supose. They should do a group buy as i asked and they did offer a discount, but as per i couldnt get enough interest. (another forum btw)

Think quite a few people would be interested but as with many new developments, price will be a factor. I don't think you'll have enough for a group buy as I can only think of a handful of people on here who would be interested.

If the exhaust can be tweeked for the Cupra crowd then you're talking bigger numbers. Not heard of the company but they'll have the market exclusive as the Supersprint exhaust is well over £2000 and Milltek aren't developing one for the vRS. emoticon-0114-dull.gif

Ive been doing a bit of research and they seem to be getting all good reviews apart from one absolutley horrendous job on a quattro tt but it must have been a one off as the rest seem to be spot on.

Also they have a lifetime garentee which they seem to stand by in many cases even down to replacing rubber mounts under certain circumstances.

I think il pop in tuesday and see about sorting something out.

it wouldn't void the whole warranty, but if Skoda wanted to be difficult they might argue any exhaust manifold or turbo issue are related to the exhaust even though we know there not.

i don't get why people are so afraid of there warranty issues...

i wrote to alfa about every modification i did to the mito and they wrote back accepting them all and making it very clear what it would and wouldn't affect.

for example when i fitted the lowering psrings they wrote back saying they would continue to cover all suspension related issue except for prematture wear of suspension bushes and Damper failure(their arguement being that uprated springs would wear the dampers quicker)

and i thought that was reasonable.

when i fitted grooved discs and uprated pads they said it wouldn't affect cover for any part of the braking system including the calipers as the pads and discs are consumables and they said there brembo calipers would be more than up to the job(it was a rather arrogantly written letter infact)

when i asked about a remap they went a bit quiet but the head technician at the dealership stated he would have no way of detecting the map so unless i told them myself they wouldn't know any different.

Maybe Skoda UK are less flexible than Alfa Romeo but it's worth writing to the head office regarding it.

I wouldn't imagine they will have a problem with a CAt back exhaust, however replacing the cat may get a bit sitcky with the warranties

Well im going to see about booking it in this friday and if i have it ill take photos and a video etc and if anyone else goes for it and mentions me il get a bit of a refund and you will get a discount.

Be very interested to see it and hear you're opinion if you get it done. The company looks quite big and very professional judging by their website and the work they have done :thumbup:

Expect a PM from me on Saturday! :clap:

Bang on Sonner. Warranty shouldn't just be crossed out for using an aftermarket part. I accept things get difficult if you have a suspension problem and you've put coilovers on there.

well im new to this whole warranty work things and know that they would be happy to find way possible not to pay out judging by my previuos experiance of skoda in the last month.

but only information i can find in their warranty booklet about modified parts is:

"If you have modified the vehicle with the addition of

accessories or other equipment, you may be charged

for the removal of such equipment if so required to

effect a repair."

http://www.skoda.co.uk/GBR/Documents/A5%20Warranty%20Booklet.pdf

Edited by leevrs180

a 30 second glance at the same booklet

• Damage resulting from the use of non-original

replacement parts. Items which are excluded from

warranty cover include, but are not limited to:

• Components or equipment which are not part of

the vehicle at the point of original manufacture.

Hi im looking into getting a custom exhaust made hopefully with a race cat as well depending on the price. Im awaiting a quote fromma company called mij exhausts in walsall.

My questions are has anybody got any knowledge are they good etc?

And then does anybody else want one as well maybe a group buy type thing as this would lower the price.

Should be between £250 to £300 for the cat back system and add maybe £100 ish or less for a high flow cat.

It may work out cheaper still with a bit of haggling but we'll see.

Hi Sounds a good deal, keep me posted on results, I would be interested!

Milltek confirmed to us last week that they are developing one for the Fabia II vRS :thumbup:

I wouldn't get anything but a Milltek... I've seen the quality of a few different brands and think the Milltek's are far better workmanship.

A lot of money but I think if it's on for the life of the car then it works out good value in the long term.

Incidentally, if the car is fitted with a turbo back system with a sport cat does it have to be mapped as well or are there gains from just doing an induction kit and the exhaust?.. perhaps you have some figures for this 'Shark 90'?

It normally wouldnt need to be mapped however i think the engine light come on i heard this was a problem on seats especially with the milltek exhaust. You should still see gains from it though

Also if you dont like the quality take it back and get them to re do it they have life time garantee

Most turbo back systems from Milltek have to be run with a stage 2 map but cat back systems can be run without mapping work. Once we have a system to play with we can verify the results on the dyno, it'll be an interesting experiment.

Most turbo back systems from Milltek have to be run with a stage 2 map but cat back systems can be run without mapping work. Once we have a system to play with we can verify the results on the dyno, it'll be an interesting experiment.

Hi just wanted to ask,can a stage 1 map be run with a cat back system without any map alterations?

When I've got my 1st 1000miles out the way and the credit card recovers from buying the kw suspension I will be pestering milltek about the exhaust and then will have to come and see you Shark!

Midrange grunt is what I would want out of a map as well as more linear top end... Is that possible?

When I've got my 1st 1000miles out the way and the credit card recovers from buying the kw suspension I will be pestering milltek about the exhaust and then will have to come and see you Shark!

Midrange grunt is what I would want out of a map as well as more linear top end... Is that possible?

Absolutely, I don't know if you've seen the graphs of janner_Sy's car but he's very happy with it.

We are Milltek distributors anyway, so can deal with that for you.. and I see from your signature that you're looking for some ITG stuff as well, who we also work with! Infact, KW, ITG, Milltek and Whiteline are all our preferred brands, your car could almost be our demo car by the sounds of it!