Shark visit - impressive results!

rob_e

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to this revised map. Very glad I went shark.

Indeed. Me too. Doubt many companies would say "We've improved our map, we'll give it to recent customers for nothing!"

<goes to check inbox again>

Ben, has there been any development with a reliable map for the 170 CR DSG?

We have done scores of CR170s and plenty with DSG gearboxes.. Was there ever an "unreliable" map or have I misinterpreted your question?

Am I right in reading that,the coilpacks have not failed to the point of generating a fault code,but are still causing issues? The reason I ask is my tsi vrs isn't particularly smooth around the 2000rpm mark and I just assumed it was something to do with emission control as the turbo was spooling up.

pooch - how did you get on with the dealer? Any luck?

I rang my dealer yesterdan to enquire about replacement coil packs - chap told me there was no recall or programme of replacements for my car. He also checked the service history on my car (I'd complained about an intermittant mis-fire at the last service) and he confirmed that the tech had recorded no issues on road test and had verified that there were no TSB (bulletins) applicable to my car.. :S

The cylinder2 misfire I had before I went to ben was resolved with a new coil. The intermittant misfire (as per the "best" graph above, reported on cylinder1) has only reoccurred twice in the 400 miles I've done since then. I will buy another 3 coils hopefully today and put those on to see if that goes away. The only reason we didn't do this in mansfield was because Ben thought i'd be able to get some foc from the dealer..

;)

We have done scores of CR170s and plenty with DSG gearboxes.. Was there ever an "unreliable" map or have I misinterpreted your question?

My CR170 DSG hasn't given me any trouble since it was remapped in December.

Would recommend it to anyone.

It will be tomorrow before any of them will be sent, done in order that they were requested and in line with normal STS requests, please can we keep this about Rob's car rather than an updated map :thumbup:

pooch - how did you get on with the dealer? Any luck?

I rang my dealer yesterdan to enquire about replacement coil packs - chap told me there was no recall or programme of replacements for my car. He also checked the service history on my car (I'd complained about an intermittant mis-fire at the last service) and he confirmed that the tech had recorded no issues on road test and had verified that there were no TSB (bulletins) applicable to my car.. :S

The cylinder2 misfire I had before I went to ben was resolved with a new coil. The intermittant misfire (as per the "best" graph above, reported on cylinder1) has only reoccurred twice in the 400 miles I've done since then. I will buy another 3 coils hopefully today and put those on to see if that goes away. The only reason we didn't do this in mansfield was because Ben thought i'd be able to get some foc from the dealer..

;)

Hi Rob

Thanks for the info.

Update from my trip to the dealer - Had car for 4 hours and confirmed the misfire problem, also said the car had a list of error codes as long as his arm! At least they actually got to see and feel the problem. When it happens it is pretty severe.

Basically they removed and refitted the coil packs and said it appeared to have helped. He also said, like your experience, that the coil pack replacements were not for my car (mentioned something about pre 52 reg cars only).

Anyway, cut a long story short, the problem still persists :( This is frustrating, mainly because the problem does tend to be less pronounced and even goes away when the engine is warm and has been run for some time, therefore any garage adjustments seem to work only because the engine gets hotter, not because the problem is fixed.

So, I am running the car standard at the moment (even though I want to play with the new map!) frustrating eh! But see no benefit in putting extra power into the equation.

I'm going back to the dealers tomorrow, although maybe next week before I can get the car seen to.

Will update when I have more info. Would welcome any thoughts / solutions?

Any update pooch?

Car booked in at dealers next Friday, so hopefully will get sorted then. still running the car standard so a bit boring!

Although doubt i'll be doing any driving when i get it back next weekend, as its the big 40 on the friday!