Octavia FL Steering Wheel on to Pre-FL?

Hi There Folks,

Hope your all well....

I have a quick question and wondering if anyone could help me out -

Would a facelift octavia 3 spoke steering wheel (with airbag inc) fit a pre-facelift (57 plate) octavia??

Much prefer the newer look of those wheels.

Regards

Tim.

Edited by oktc

Thanks guys for your quick replies....

Im going from a pre-FL octavia MFSW to a FL'ed VRS non-MFSW so it sounds like it should fit straight on then....

Thanks again.

Edited by oktc

Thanks guys for your quick replies....

Im going from a pre-FL octavia MFSW to a FL'ed VRS non-MFSW so it sounds like it should fit straight on then....

Thanks again.

do they do a fl vrs mfsw?

cheers

lee

Just be aware of the need to change the steering wheel controller then, like I had to do. The horn will constantly sound otherwise; that's what mine did when Ben swapped them :)

do they do a fl vrs mfsw?

cheers

lee

Yes, but only on the DSG-equipped vRSes - somewhat bizarrely!

Or you could do what I did, which was to fit a DSG (flappy paddle) MFSW with the flappy paddles removed and blanked off :thumbup:

DSC01300.jpg

Hi Guys,

Right ive had the new 3 spoke FL non-MFSW fitted - but my horn did not work.

So I have had the steering wheel control module fitted and this has made the horn work...

The only problem with the new module is that it cant be coded to work the cruise control that is fitted to the vehicle.

The buttons to change the multi-function display also dont work.

Question is:

Does anyone know which steering wheel control module will allow -

> 2010 FL non-MFSW

> cruise control and mfd controls fitted from standard on my 2007 octavia.

Hope someone can help....

Regards

Tim.

Hi Guys,

Right ive had the new 3 spoke FL non-MFSW fitted - but my horn did not work.

So I have had the steering wheel control module fitted and this has made the horn work...

The only problem with the new module is that it cant be coded to work the cruise control that is fitted to the vehicle.

The buttons to change the multi-function display also dont work.

Question is:

Does anyone know which steering wheel control module will allow -

> 2010 FL non-MFSW

> cruise control and mfd controls fitted from standard on my 2007 octavia.

Hope someone can help....

Regards

Tim.

Cruise control needs a new stalk but MFD controls should work, check the coding.

I have the facelift steering wheel but it has no steering controls. Anyone know if I can fit the golf gti or scirocco flat bottom wheel with the stereo controls? I also have cruise control and it's not dsg. Cheers all

Required parts are steering wheel controller, wiring loom for wheel and the actual wheel and airbag. No tony I haven't forgot I've passed your PM to rob to get prices, we don't do much of the electrical side now and are keen to keep prices down so we don't keep things in stock and every job is quoted individually.

Cruise control needs a new stalk but MFD controls should work, check the coding.

Ill check the coding for the MFD and see if its been missed off with the new steering wheel controller...

I don't suppose you know which part number I need for the correct steering wheel controller i need to incorporate the FL non-MFSW, cruise control and the MFD??

• 3 weeks later...

2 Questions:

1. Has anybody testet if anyone of the Octavia II airbags are interchangable with some of the VW Golf MKV or MKVI wheels? I don't care about getting MFSW, but just want a nicer steering wheel. I will not drive around with a VW badge in the Octavia!

2. Prefacelift "no-MFSW RS wheel" to facelift "no-MFSW RS wheel" is a straight swap right?

Edited by rs_t

• 5 months later...

just to clarify what ive read is it a straight swap from prefacelift wheel to f/l wheel or is there something else involved and if there is where can i get it from??